New to Beasts - Where to start? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Beasts - Where to start?

I like the beastmen because of fluff and to me the models also look great.

Well - what exactly do I start out with? I know some models are going to redone, so which ones are safe for me to buy without too much model change when the time comes?

Are they an ambushing type of army and fun to play as? I know it also depends on the playstyle - but just wanting other peoples opinions whether if you play them or ever thought about trying out Beastmen.

Anything else you could help me with would be awseome.

...maybe ill ask ginger to get me a list...or someone else....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Beasts... definitely a fun army, very tactical too. One of the weaker ones at the mo, but there isn't much that can be done about that without completely ruining the army by increasing everythings Ld etc

Definitely an ambushing type of army, its one of their key rules! Some great models too (atleast the Heroes and Beastherds lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking just starting off with one of the Heroes and maybe a box or two of beast herd.

I'm ok with it maybe being not the best army at the mo, but can it be competitive maybe later on and possibly more fun to play?

I don't want to lose EVERY time, but I'm fine by loosing as long as the army itself is fun to play as.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

I would stay away from trolls, dragon ogres and shaggoths. Units which are rumoured to be dropped.
    The trolls and DOs isnt much of a loss since minos is a very solid unit. Shaggoth isnt a good choice anyways.
    Aside from that it's all good!

The new book arrives in october as well so it's not that far off either. I dont think ambush is a key rule really. Mino armies are strong as well but all in all I suggest a mixed beast/mino army with some ambushing herds.
    The list I am making have 20 bestigors with war banner, 3 chariots, 2 herds(7 gors, 9 ungor), 2 x 5 dogs, 2 x 5 centi with axes and shields, 2 x 4 minos and random configs of characters and rares. A list which is under constant change and variation but just a taste of what I am toying with at the moment(and nothing more than an idea really)!

Welcome to the forest where the true children of chaos live!
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Syko View Post
    I'm thinking just starting off with one of the Heroes and maybe a box or two of beast herd.

I'm ok with it maybe being not the best army at the mo, but can it be competitive maybe later on and possibly more fun to play?

I don't want to lose EVERY time, but I'm fine by loosing as long as the army itself is fun to play as.
    Perfect, sounds like youre good to go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses guys - Do you two know of anyone else here that also plays BoC so that I may ask them questions later on, including you two, if thats ok with you guys.
    Join Warmachine and Hordes...or suffer the consequences.

Join cold death...The Necrons await,,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Sure, im happy to respond to any questions

Simply posting in the BoC forum should get you a response from most of the active beast players at the time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do Beastmen fare in Tournaments? If led by a good general, can they still beat those damned Chaos Daemons, VC, and DE that seem to overpopulate Tournaments?

Lil' Buggers they are...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

In the hands of an amazing player, against a poor tourney player... then its a maybe. However as most tourney players have standard dull repetitive lists and tactics then they become pretty "experienced" with them and able to "cope" with most things. So tbh... its pretty much a no
    Last edited by Phoenix; April 12th, 2009 at 22:07.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...Well I don't want to lose in Tournies as I know I'd definately would want to go to one. What are good at tournies then, besides the obvious 3...?

Is it possible they might get a boost with the new codex and all soon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast