New Book? and advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Book? and advice

Ahh just wanted to know when there is going to be a new book coming out, I was thinking of making a all minotaur army. so before i do that wanted to know if there was a new book coming soon. Or just go ahead and make the army now. ahh and is there any advice of what to have in the army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

There havent been any rumors concerning an updated BoC army book, so probably a while still. If you want to focus on a minotaur army, you should be pretty safe when they do. It is unlikely they would be dropped from the army. As for army list suggestions, there are plenty here or in the army list section, just take a look.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    There havent been any rumors concerning an updated BoC army book,
    Check the BoC FAQ. GW are currently working on the book, and that FAQ is a good year old now... Expect to see new beasts by the start of 2011, i not before (im giving it over a year just to cover my back lol).

Minotaurs wont be taken out of the army, but they will be getting new models, hopefully better than the crappy metal things we have at the moment...

Imho, id recommend waiting, or maybe just starting with a couple of Beast Herds and Heroes for now.. Wait for the sweet new plastics to arrive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I'm hoping the beast herds get done as well.

Dear god the mold lines *rocks back and forth*

There was also a little something in this months White Dwarf, a little blue side bar.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Newer rumors say March 2010.

Bell of Lost Souls article
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new plastic minotaurs coming. Should be better than the old ones. Wait, it will be worth it in the end.
    Doom, Doom, Doom,
    it seems to endlessly say...all will fall, all will be ruinous,
    Doom, Doom, Doom.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonrat Thing View Post
    new plastic minotaurs coming. Should be better than the old ones. Wait, it will be worth it in the end.
    To be fair, even I could sculpt better Minos than the old (and damn theyre old...) ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lords:
    Beastlord
    Great Bray Shaman
    Doombull [magicial weapons and mutations only]
    note- Lords can buy Chaos Armour for xxpts

Hero's:
    Wargor
    Bray Shaman
    Centigor

Core:
    Beast Herd [rank up 5 wide]
    Bestigors
    Centigors [fast cav]
    Warhounds

Special:
    Tuskgor Chariots [2-1 choice]
    Minotaurs [become core choice with Doombull]
    Chaos Ogres
    Dragon Ogres

Rare:
    Chaos Giant
    Shaggoth
    Spawns
    Gorgon -

New rule change: If your General decides not to ambush, your general can have the chance for Beast Herd units to scout. [roll a D6]
    1-2: Beast Herds are drunk and do not Scout
    3-4: 1 unit of Beast Herds can Scout
    5-6: 2 units of Beast Herds can Scout

New models: Bestigors, Mino's, Dragon Ogre, Shamans, Beastlord/Wargor & Gorgon.

Lords can take xxx pts of magic items & xxx points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts. Hero's can take up to xx points of magical items and xx points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts.

Some interesting new items or Chaos Mutations/Gifts: [Mutations/Gifts can only be taken once]

* banner that turns Bestigors into Raider's like Beast Herds *
    * breath gift * [breaths fire xx pts]
    * extra Two Arm Mutation * [adds +2 attacks to profile xx pts]
    * extra Horn * [adds a extra attack on the charge xx pts]
    * Hoof of Speed [double M5 model xx pts]
    * Stone Skin * [+2 to your armour save xx pts]
    * Staff of Darkoth is a bound item *
    * Troll Hide * [xx pts for Regeneration]
    * Unholy Beast Strength [+xS for xx pts]
    * Bloodstone Braystaff* [Arcane item that gives a +1LD to Shamans and +2 MR for xx pts]

Spell Lores: Beasts of Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are getting there own new lores. Very close to the WoC new lores with minor change to the lists. For Tzeentch player's I was told boon of Tzeentch is in there.

Inside thoughts from play tester's are: That a Doombull with Chaos Mutations can rival a Vampire Lord as a combat character now. Plus Chaos Armour & Stone Skin give him nice protection at 2+ armour save. He expects Doombull to be the most popular Lord choice!

Also by turning the Centigors into Fast Cav there no need to add flyers into a Beast of Chaos army. Between this move and the new Gorgon & Chaos Mutations, BoC should be able to compete very well in 7th edition.

I was told that they feel this list will pretty much go to print. That Games-Workshop and play testers are all happy with the end results so far. Will post more information as I get it. As I asked for the new lores so I can play test with my friends myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thets what i keep finding everywere, soo enjoy . ( maby u have seen it allredy )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Quoted from bell of lost souls: (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/...en-latest.html)

"I'll start off by saying that the Gor & Ungor plastic boxes are not bad, I think that came across quite badly on my post on Warseer, they are just too alike the existing kits to be of any real note.

Gors have some new poses, some new weapons (not options - just different weapons - i.e. maces) and shields.

Ungors are a little different to the existing models, they have some different heads (one or two I'm not too keen on - especially what I am assuming is the Ungor unit Champion head) they still come with options for spears, shields, hand weapons but now come with short bows.

As a bit of an exclusive (as well as to show I am really me and not someone using the same user name) for you guys, I'll be happy to tell you that there is a Shaman named special character called "Malagor the Dark Omen" and a Centigor special character called "Ghorros Warhoof", sadly neither model is great."

and...

"Ungors (new ones) come with 20mm bases, I'm really hoping that there is still an option to have a mixed herd if not looks like I'll be having to remove my current Ungors from their current bases, which frankly is a pain in the arse but not unheard of.

The new gors come with hand weapons, there is no option for halberds on the sprue so I'm guessing there won't be that option in the book either. Perhaps some conversions would be in order so you could still use the old ones.

There appear to be no "vanilla" characters in the first wave of releases, which is a bit dissapointing as I would have really liked a couple of new shaman minis. The centigor character Ghorros is quite plain, he is slightly rearing has a horn on his right side and is armed with a club with a couple of spikes through it, he also has hooves which I thought was unusual as the other centigor have clawed feet, however as his name contains "hoof" I guess it would have been odd if he had claws. A nice touch on the character is the head, he appears to be wearing the skull of a unicorn pushed down over his horns, and for me it's the only real high point of the model. I would recommend buying the Mordheim centigor and doing a headswap as a basis for a centigor character (if indeed the book has that as a hero choice).

I'm really looking forward to the book most of all, as we've all read the rumours about the loss of Chaos Trolls, Chaos Ogres, Dragon Ogres & Shaggoths, so they'll need to add some new units other than the Razorgor to flesh the list out."
    I gotta say, it's all really underwhelming, a big "Is This It" cloud over all of this.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast