The figs that never were - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The figs that never were

What are you all planning on doing for the figs that GW forgot to make? And just on the side does anyone else feel cheated that those figs are not available?

Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I was actually told the reason the other day, can't remember it now, will ask when the otherhalf gets home. I remember being surprised and amused - so it's probably a terrible reason

They definitly weren't simply forgotten though, heh.

Mr Fuzzbutt (My Cygor) is ready to be undercoated though, next I'll work on Gharga the Ghorgon and Kwitcho the Jabberslythe

Well I have some Ungor to assemble first, naturally.
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

they dont make all the models for each release any more. they just put out a few models so they can bring out a new book every month. they will bring out new models in waves in a few months, this gets everyone excited to buy the new models and spend all their money.

we will probably see the new models in a year or if were lucky at the release of the new editon
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It was explained to me that they have several molds and/or greens prepared. This includes things like the WHFB Daemon Prince (pictured in the WoC book), some of the other Daemon models, and on the 40k side: a Thunderhawk, and Emperor Class Titan, notably.
    The reason that they haven't run all of these, is that they feel there is not enough demand for the models. They don't have enough room at their current factory, and would have to bring in more injection machines in order to cast these figures. Machines like this are expensive and huge, and they have neither the funds, nor the space to bring them in currently. They could facilitate this, but the cost would be passed on to the consumer. With low demand, and increased production costs, the price of the models would skyrocket.

Additionally, there are models and molds available for sale right now. However, these were not put into production immediately and will be released in waves after the books. Supposedly, by the end of the summer, most of the metal cavalry models will have been phased out (with the likely exception of Blood Knights). I'm not sure what the situation is when it comes to the missing lines for Daemons and apparently Beastmen.

If 8people's sweetheart has a different answer, it will be interesting to read. GW is a mammoth company, and their game has been around for a long time. People may gripe about their business practices, but they are doing what they have to in order to stay in business. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone 100% of the time, and the people who feel slighted are going to be far more vocal, leading to GW getting a bad rep.

I would hazard a guess that some of the models can be converted, and that unless you intend to participate in a sanctioned event, third-party sculpts can likely be found.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enlightening. That would explain why I'm still waiting on some Savage Orc Boar Boyz. But, what are you guys doing to make Ghorgon, Cygor, and Jabberslyth?
    Burnanation's Recruitment Link
    Baby boys are like free bulldozer rental tickets. You have no idea what you're going to do with them but you know they are awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Cygor - Two strips of green stuff. A Giant, One pair of Minotaur Horns, A Pair of the Large Stegadon Horns, Foam to Make a Rock, Spikes From Ungor Raider Bows For Teeth And Plastic Lightning Claws for Canines

Jabberslythe - Stegadon Body, Cut/Filed off the horns from most of the face, Hunting down a plastic dragon for the kinky legs and tail, going to greenstuff a massive, toady mouth on him and use a whip from a spare corpse cart sprue as a long, slimy tongue. Add scenery to taste

Ghorgon - Boyfriend has a spare Balrog that I'm going to mutilate. Will not be putting cutlery on him though, bony protusions, certainly, but looking like actual cutlery like in the pictures is a bit far, lol.

I was partly mistaken beforehand - the Jabberslythe has no picture because the sculpting team wanted a good crack at it without having something in the book to live up to. By the sounds of it the sculptors are going to work on the 'Big Three' but will probably take a while - the Beastmen release flopped a fair bit
    (My hearing is poor, so when the story was passed round when we had guests over I misheard a part of it - I thought I'd heard the sculpting team wanted the models for themselves, I presumed they had been greened the sculptors had gone "MINE" lol)
    Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
    40k: Tyranids
    LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the white dwarf for the first time, and to justify the cost I read every single word:

It looks like some of the larger models aren't even sculpted yet, as stated by Phil Kelly (p23) and and Aly (p26)

I dunno if I should wait or make my own, GW have started producing some reallly neat models..
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My solution for the lack of models was... Toys!

I ordered three McFarlen toys... The Jaberslythe is probably a little big but what can you do? I know it's a little lame but I cant be expected to buy a bunch of Chaos Spawns for conversions - Plus I already glue my hands together enough as it is, no need to add an exacto knife in the mix!

Chaos Giant (I know there is a model but it was on sale!)
    SPAWN.COM >> TOYS

Cygor (Must cover up extra Eyes)
    SPAWN.COM >> TOYS

Jabberslythe (A little big)
    SPAWN.COM >> TOYS

+ Reply to Thread