Pigs and Chariots, or just Pig Chariots.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Pigs and Chariots, or just Pig Chariots....

G'day,

I have had a chance to play my new Beasts yet, hoping tomorrow is the day, but in the mean time how about some thoughts...

I plan on running Razorgor and Tuskgor Chariots, but them maybe I'm better off combining the two? Basically, I have a couple of options, all being similar points:

1) 3 Razorgor, 2 Tuskgor Chariots

2) 1x Razorgor Chariot, 1x Tuskgor Chariot, 2 Razorgors

3) 2x Razorgor Chariots, 1x Razorgor

Any thoughts on the best set-up? I s twin Razor chariots worth it, or will Tuskgor Chariots do the trick most of the time?

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razargor Chariots have hatred. Or at least, they can gain it.This is extremely good. Also they have T5 wich makes them harder to kill. I would try to bring at least one. Tuskgors are more of a support chariot imo. Still good, but razargors > tusgors big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Hmmm, I forgot about the Primal Fury they pick up...this may be enough to get me on board with the Pig Chariots then....all options have their merits I guess. Cheers for the help

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the razor carts are pretty good keeping your characters immune to fear - that's probably their best place. I think 2 razorgors are better than the chariot by itself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

WS3 really hurts the razorgors, I've noticed in my 6 off games that the hatred from the chariot makes the razorgors down right filthy, but that razorgors by themselves miss too much. Maybe if you take a unit of 3 and avoid this problem with just volume fire it would be better.

As for tuskgot chariots, they removed the scythe wheels and the rerolling psych tests, both where what made it good (and I believe the tuskgors no longer are S5 on the charge). Its still an okay option since its cheap and core, just don't expect much out of them.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

it will let you down on occasion (since everything is WS4 these days, you'll still need 4's to hit most of the time) I prefer Razorgors as my specials for a number of reasons. Pursue 3d6, ability to march, ability to take them in 2's and they are relatively cheap (str 6 on the charge as well). Problem is, I rarely roll more than 1-2 on impact hits, as a chariot they are only ldship 7-9, so I still fail my PF rolls. And I don't like str7 being able to eliminate my chariot immediately ( probably more psychological than anything) Even though I think our characters ought to get chariots for 7-10pts off (because we lose a bestigor's great weapon and that's not accounted for) I still think the chariots are better for characters. Special slots are for harpies and pumbas and are too crowded as it is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Warriors get their mount chariots for I believe 35 points cheaper because of what amounts to a halberd.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

As far as Razorgor and Razorgor chariots go, I use them in two different ways. The chariots are frontal assault units. They will do more damage on average than 2 Razorgor would(the size unit I usually take) because of impact hits and Primal Fury. 2 Razorgor have the advantage of better movement and US>5 so I use them as flankers. Also they are usually more than a match for any fast cav or other flanking units they may encounter out on the edges. I have not tried the Tuskgor chariots yet for the reasons already mentioned by others in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razorgors are dirt cheap. When you have a choice between random chaops spawn and marchable razorgors, the choice often falls back to the razorgor. Especially if you can babysit their Ld by having them stay close to your general (whilst you use centigors and/or razorgor chariots in the flanks).

You just can't expect razorgors to do good on their own. But 110 pts IS expendable.

+ Reply to Thread