Topic of the Week - Beastlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Topic of the Week - Beastlord

This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Beastlord

What options are the most valuable or useful for him? What about magic items? What unit do you use him in?

Discuss.

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Ramhorn Helm, Blackened Plate, and The Steel Claws.

Throw him in a herd of 20+ gors with 2 hand weapons, and a full command.

With enough bodies to get him where I want him, he's just murder in combat. Since my dice rolls are pretty good (I gotta blow on everyone's dice), he will get the 6's he needs to chew through those high armor saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Ah the beastlord. Leadership 9 is so nice for the beastmen. I usually run him in a unit of 18 bestigors alongside a wargor BSB. Lately i have been toying around with giving my beastlord the Crown of Horns to make the unit LD9 stubborn with rerolls from the BSB. Its a nice little deathstar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beastlord is great! His leadership always gets me hatred on every unit in close range. If you play alot of ambush, give him the horn of the first beast!
    My normal setup is, heavy armour, gnarled hide, ramborn helm, shield, great weapon. You still have 70 points to spend like this, but if you keep him like this he is cheap, and still strikes with 4 str 7 hatred attacks while maintaining a 2+ armour safe, or 4 str 5 attacks while maintaining a 0+ armour safe.

Most of the time hes in a big unit of gors, 23 big 4X6 formation, with bestigors alongside. Gors aren't supergood, but with the presence of this big guy, and some suport troops, they can stand there ground fairly well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i may ask to CallmeHK's post.

why not have the same described Beastlord in a large group of Bestigors?
    is it that he makes this CHEAP group a formidable unit, while the Bestigors are still potent on their own?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

My current setup for my beastlord is as follows:

Beast Lord @ 251 pts
    Heavy armour, gnarled Hide, Ramhorn Helm, Gouge-Tusks, Many Limbed Fiend
    The steel claws

That's 5 + D3 attacks per turn, with a 2+ armour save that could yield even more S5 hits. all armour piercing is nice also against armour. With the +1 S banner in the unit you are looking at S6 -4 to armour save attacks, with a compliment of hatred!
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

That's some serious necroposting, but that's okay with me. The Beastlord I put together looks like this -

Beast Lord - 246
    Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Shield, Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide, Ramhorn Helm, Horn of the Great Hunt

Versatile, being able to choose between higher strength or better armor save, depending on the situation, and hopefully get a couple bonus attacks. He's more of a leader than a killing machine (take a doombull if that's what you're looking for). Thus he also has the horn.

+ Reply to Thread