Topic of the Week - Tuskgor/Razorgor Chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Topic of the Week - Tuskgor/Razorgor Chariots

This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Tuskgor/Razorgor Chariots

Do you take them? Why? Why would you take one over the other, what advantages does it give? What are their best uses?

Discuss.

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the army list section, it will of course depend on whether someone wants chariots or not and what else they want in their special slots, remember that a Razorgor chariot (unless one has taken it as a character mount) is going to be competing with minotaurs, harpies, bestigors, centigors, and regular Razorgor herds.

Razorgor chariots are rather expensive, and have some really shattering potential... However I don't think they'll see much use on their own simply because of their points cost. For approximately twenty more points, one could take a unit of three naked minotaurs, get more attacks on the charge plus a set number of impact hits. Because of this I do not think the Razorgor chariot will have too much use in special. IF someone needs a chariot in their army, they may take tuskgor chariots simply because the core slots aren't so restrictive, though don't dish out as many high-strength hits.

HOWEVER I can definately see people using a razorgor chariot as a character mount... If one took a bray shaman with skin of man, it might behoove (ha ha) one to take a razorgor chariot (points permitting) to have a scouting chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe We Are Legion summed it up quite nicely. I personaly would never waste a slot taking a chariot and because the Pumbagor doesnt have impact hits, I would rather take a minotaur for the same pts. The 2 times i fieled this thing it ran off the table, and then hit a Bret hero who lost his mount... and lost. Having no hatred or impact hits makes this thing in my option not dependable. Mostly with its 5 attacks, and 4+ to hit, the 3+ or 2+ to hit, just doesnt seem worth it.
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I agree that I won't be using my slots on pumba chariots, you have to remember that you can take a character in them and they don't take up a slot. They hit really hard, have primal fury (unlike our pumbas and minos). It also pursues 3d6 inches, unlike minos with their pathetic 1d6. They have unit strength 5 to break ranks and can haul a character around. With 5 wounds, 5 toughness, 4+ AS, and a hero/lord in it, this thing is worth the points you're paying.

On the topic of the core chariots, I use them, but honestly don't expect them to do much. They lost scythed wheels, str 5 on the charge, rerollable ld checks, and only went down in cost 5 points. They gained primal fury, but that isn't too spectacular with the number of attacks you're getting. They are nice for combo charges and that's about it.

If you use a pumba chariot bring a character, otherwise you're better off sticking with the core ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of thread-o-mancy here....

I've recently seen the light of day with the Razorgor Chariots.
    Higher T and more wounds are very big in the durability world.
    Adding Primal fury to the razorgor makes the bad boy worth it.

With d6 impact hits, 4 re-roll s6 hits, 1 s 4, and a ASL re-roll s6 (all on charge) and causing fear? This adds up to a huge effect. Chariots rely on breaking a unit to win battle. This chariot, actually has some staying power.
    Alone it's not the best in the world. (still great)
    But add 1-2 more and you can shatter most any unit.

I've lost faith in the 1-2 tuskagor chariots. Yes, they are cheap, and core, but more often than not I'm handing free 80 point tokens to my opponents. After their impact, they don't have much staying power, and very often, people will direct their attack at them rather than your doombull , razorgors etc etc.

7. Thanksrothgar13 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

I agree with everything Blackspine said. The Razorgor Chariots are really worth their points. The Tuskgor Chariots? Eh... not so much.

+ Reply to Thread