Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
so me and my flat mate are playing 2k points (1k each) against two of our other friends. The problem is i have no idea what to use in my army. at the moment model wise i have 3 minotaurs, a lord, a shaman, 10bestigors, 20 ungors, 20 gors,and a chariot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i feel as though in combat im going to get an ass who0ping due to the elves high I value, and a kicking off the awesome power of chaos knights. would i just be better off using my Skaven?
Going from what you have...
1. Minotuars with great weapons all the way! Three models is the new rank bonus for monster infantry, so you're good there. Aim this herd at any knights if possible, though they can be used against any heavy armored unit.
2. Gnarled Hide and the Ramhorn Helm are my favorites for my wargor. Place him inside the Gors as your main core.
3. Have your brayshaman pick either from Shadows or Death, and give him the Hagtree Fetish.
4. Bestigors are too expensive and crappy for their core slot. Use enough models for a full rank plus one deep, then use the herd as a "flanker" for your Gor herd.
5. I give my ungors bows and "ambush" them. Including a musician, you don't need to spend that much to make them useful. The only time I give them a spear and shield, is when I place them in a HUGE herd led by a doombull. It's way too funny....
6. Always have a large herd of gors as the core of your force. Equip them with 2 hand weapons, standard bearer, and a musician. When I have the points, I'll take a champion, but its not needed.
7. A single chariot, though tough as hell from beastmen, is easy pickings for warmachines. You're better off running two or more. However, you can run your lone chariot up a flank, and hope to hit soft targets like light calvary, skirmishers, or missile troops. Charge or be dead.
Best I could do with what you have, since I don't know what force your friend is using or if you were willing to buy more models.
Since the "swarm" rule in the new rulebook, Skaven have become quite deadly if not more popular. Mark of Khorne, CWs with 2 hand weapons, and the Lore of Fire will cause you trouble.
Last edited by SheBeast76; September 18th, 2010 at 21:11. Reason: *revised*
Bumped for my *revised* opinions ;D