Army battle standard bearer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Army battle standard bearer

I'm planning on making a battle standard bearer for my beastmen army, but I can't make the chose between the wargor and the gorebull. So my question is What makes the best army battle standard bearer for the beastmen and why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cost-effectiveness and protection from templates and warmachines: Wargor, who will most probably have access to look out sir! rule.

To have multiple wounds and resist against killing blows; as well as to dish out some pain, a minotaur BSB is a good choice. It all depends on what you fear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember, if you have a magic standard you can't take magic items, stupid mistake I made the other day.

Keep the standard where you have most of your infantry - gorebull tends to run off somewhere out of the 12" range..
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. This is why my BSB is a Wargor. He stays with the Gors to give 'em S4 T4. With Primal Fury it gets even better (minimum Ld8, higher if they're within the General's Range).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have access to a very resilient 2+ AS NON magically equiped Wargor (gnarled hide) who can be the BSB. I have not had great successes with Mino-BSBs....as that means I have to run large groups of VERY expensive minos

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Thanks for the replys, a will use a wargor as BSB then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

It depends on what theme your going for, if you like putting alll your eggs in one basket you can run a unit of 6 mino's with 2 hand weapons, standard and champion and put a gorebull bsb with a great weapon and the beast banner and a doombull with a tonne of attack in the unit, 4 in each rank gives a good number and on theyre own you get 23 str 6 attacks from the 6 mino's, plus str6 stomp and impact hits, your bsb has 5 str 8 attacks and general can have up to 10 str 7 attacks from the off!!(using steel claws).

now i know that unit is extremely expensive, but god is it worth every point.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...And it can be led around the nose by clever placement of hounds, skinks or fast cav!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

so a chariot or some ungors charge the problem unit, and minotaurs attempt a charge at a different target, or i could just pass my ld test with new frenzy, i have a 72.2% chance of passing a ld8 test anyway.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not that likely for your Gorebull BSB too be led around like that, not with the reroll, possible but not probable. It really does depend on what your running in your army, i march a unit of minos(yes my BSB is a gorebull) with 2 big units of Gors on both sides of the unit or so, given on what i plan on doing.
    He does fine, fights as good as some enemy lords, and do too his slightly larger base on a overall skinnier Unit, the "range" seems farther. I also get too set him in the second rank in a full command unit of Minotaurs, good when fighting Chosen i find

If your running super heavy Gor lists, like 3-4+(non ambush) Big units of Gors/Ungors, your gonna need your BSB in the middle of that and gorebull would be a terrible choice, you lose your primal fury, Look Out Sir, as well as paints a big fat target on his horns. Gor BSB is gonna fit in much better here, and considering the good protections you can bestow him in 8th Ed(and being a T5 Hero) he'll be a lil tough too get rid of, outside of some early Purple Sun or something

+ Reply to Thread