New To Beast Of Chaos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this post or tactica I'm goin to tell you what i would use in games for Beastmen of About 1k to 1500 points Enjoy..........

Wargor-This guy should almost always be your general, he should have a great weapon, chaos armour, chaos undivided mark and one to two dispell scrolls

Bray-Shaman-I wouldnt use him for the general mainly because he has a leadership of 6 and thats nothing....well the Wargor has a leadership of 7 but its still better...i would use the shaman for 1k games only if u have extra points or going against an army where a shaman would make a significant difference...if u take him equip him with a bray staff, chaos undivided mark, and upgrade him to level 2 wizard, for me i would use the lore of death because the other 2 he is able to have in my opinion is trash....u could always give him a mark and let him use a chaos lore but for me its extra points for something that isnt exactly needed

Beasts Herds-ok now this unit is the main core force and should be the most used and needed unit in the army for 1 k, i like to include at least four for 1k,
    i do this to include 2 of these herds in ambush...usually when other armies fight against u theyll either stay back and wait for the ambush units to come out and that leaves u to control the game or they either go attacking which lets u sound the horn and let them go flanking and killin off characters and war machines....four beast herds will be costly for 1 k, itll be 604 points for the core which doesnt leave much for everythin else....with the general itll be 728 points with that use points wisely after this or just take three beast herds

Bestigors- these guys werent what id expect for 12 points....i usually take 2 groups of them with 10 bestigors with muscian and gouge horn and mark of khorne...this mark on them is very usefull as it makes them frenzy and adds one dispell dice to ur pile sweet if u ask me...disadvantage is that its an extra 45 points for a unit of 10 bestigors

Tuskgor Chariot-well i usually dont find enough space for these guys as i would like to, but in the army book they seem good...they get a strength bonus of 2 to the tuskgor the turn they charge and have scythed wheels

Warhounds-for 6 points theyre more than what id expect.......they can ambush!!and have the typical strength and toughness of 3, and movement of seven, but (why is there a but) leadership 5!!!!!!!!!!boooo

Chaos Trolls-dont use them i dont plan to but if u do keep ur general around them cause they have leadership 4 yep leadership 4(i guess u wouldnt expect more from a troll), to add to this they have stupidity........they do have their advantages though, they cause fear, regenerate, and troll womit along with that strength and toughness 4, wounds 3, and attacks 3....for some people this would be enough advantages to include but the fact thath they have no armour save really freaks me out :blink:

Chaos Ogres-I enjoy these guys....they like a regular monster....they have a hand weapon and light armour with the options of either an additional hw or a gw and options of heavy armour and or shield to add to that they cause fear

Centigors-hmmmmmmm the only calvary in this army have the speacial rules of drunken, move through woods, and trample good leadership and statistics....as u can tell i dont use these so i dont have much info on how they do in battle...i would include for flankin but modells are expensive money wise

Minotaurs-i love these :wub: alrite wounds 3 attacks 3 movement of 6 and cause fear + have the speacial rule of bloodgreed.........i would give them light armour and great weopon.......for me the mark of nurgle always comes standard for them why?? this gives them a save a 5+ along with light armour u have a freakin save of 4+ u cannot go wrong with these guys.....they look awesome too

Dragon Ogres-very strong monsters with strength 5 movement 7 and leadership 8...they cause fear have scaly skin along with light armour which is a save of 4+ and storm rage........downside they are 70 points and with their upgrades 79 points *ouch*

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth- they basically have a shirt on with a bullseye mark on the front and back.....their also 295 points flat not including upgrades....yeah attacks 5 wounds 6, S & T of 5 but they will be most likely dead b4 this monster will get into combat......ne1 with a quarter of a rele dumb brain will shoot this up

Chaos Giant-basically a regular giant many people have their own different opinions about this huge monster im the one person who doesnt as i dont own 1 or have ever played against 1

spawn of chaos- unbreakable, cause fear, 2d6 movement and d6+1 attacks wit strength 4 toughness 5 and wounds 3 wow..... and only 60 points without mark well maybe alot of points but seems worth it at first right.......WRONG u can never expect what to get out of them one turn u get lucky and very happy with 7 attacks next u have 2 and then ur movement is 2 inches (below a dwarf!!&#33 u could get a mark but thatll be 75 points not worth it for me ill stick to minotaurs

Main Disadvantage-LOW leadership and little to absolutely no armour, along with that no range attacks well unless u count throwin axes on centigors but who would

Advantages-I cant say it enough AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH with this u can keep ur oppenent worried for 4 turns or more if wanted also Beasts Of Chaos has access to the most powerful monsters in the game for me thats awesome actually more than awesome

Hope This Was Help Full

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I dont play Beasts if Chaos, never plan too, and none of my friends do, I felt I needed to correct you one one thing...you suggest giving a War-Gor 1 or 2 dispell scrolls. Now, unless Im wrong (Im not), a War-Gor is not a magic user, and therefore cannot be given arcane items.
    Nik-Nak's Horde of Goblin Liberation
    W/L/T
    4/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U are right and im and idiot lol.......i was confusin bray shaman and wargor for that part of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're also an idiot (kidding) for taking 2 units of Khorngors. You can only put a mark on 1 unit of Bestigors.

Trolls are useless in any Beast army except Slaanesh, where they can cast the Frenzy spell on them to ignore the Stupidity. Trolls with frenzy are evil.

Back when I had him, my Shaggoth almost always made it into combat. Of course, putting him next to a Giant probably didn't hurt....

And Spawns are awesome. The key word is unbreakable. And 3 T5 wounds for 60 points, in addition to potentially 12 (18 for slaanesh) inches of movement along with up to 7 S4 (S5 for Khorne) attacks. Not a bad deal at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Tzeentch@Oct 18 2004, 109
    You're also an idiot (kidding) for taking 2 units of Khorngors. You can only put a mark on 1 unit of Bestigors.

Trolls are useless in any Beast army except Slaanesh, where they can cast the Frenzy spell on them to ignore the Stupidity. Trolls with frenzy are evil.

Back when I had him, my Shaggoth almost always made it into combat. Of course, putting him next to a Giant probably didn't hurt....

And Spawns are awesome. The key word is unbreakable. And 3 T5 wounds for 60 points, in addition to potentially 12 (18 for slaanesh) inches of movement along with up to 7 S4 (S5 for Khorne) attacks. Not a bad deal at all.
    [snapback]232336[/snapback]
    well i said trolls were useless for me and that their odds r too great to be included
    also ive had bad experiances with spawns so i stopped using them but ill try them again nd see how its goes......Shaggoths are almost always the main target for long range attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just use them to hold up expensive units for a turn. Send them off on flanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some people this would be enough advantages to include but the fact thath they have no armour save really freaks me out
    think before you type. Why would anyone care about armour saves for Trolls when they regenerate on 4+??

Trolls are an amazing unit, I've always had success with them in my Orcs'n'Goblins army. Just keep them close to your general, and use them against knights and heavy armoured or tough troops. They're also great against those HUGE regiments the skaven and undead field, if used in conjuction with fliers. Fliers charge flank or rear to remove rank bonus, while the Trolls dish out twelve strenght 5 attacks a turn.. (Y)
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trolls arent worth it in beastmen. Dont get me wrong,their amazing,especially since they redid the rules for regeneration,but even within the generals range they will be taking stupidity tests at LD8,meaning you can count on them being stupid for atleast 1 turn of the game if not 2-3. Id reccomend minataurs over them whole heartedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way to use Trolls is to use the Slaaneshi Frenzy spell (can't remember name). Gives the Trolls frenzy, for 5 attacks, with a 12" charge range, cause fear, takes away stupidity, and the D6 S3 hits they take will probably be discounted by the Regeneration and T4, 3 wounds. A unit of 4 then becomes almost a unit-breaker by themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trolls are only good if you have a high leadership general nearby. at 15 points more than minatours, all you get is an exta point of strength and attack and the regeneration rule. at leadership 4, they are gonna run away the first time they have to take a test, so minatours always win it for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast