Beastmen v.s Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

623 (x8)

Beastmen v.s Daemons

I just wanted to know, what units would be good to take against the Daemons (it's a mix of Khorne, Tzeentch & Nurgle units), because a mate of mine used them & got totally annihilated by them i can't really remember exactly what he had but he now refuses to play Fantasy because of it so any help will be well appreciated

Last edited by sirkently; November 6th, 2011 at 17:09.

2. Remove Advertisements

11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Probably 7th. ed Daemons. Not a whole lot he could have done against them back then.

Anyway, from looking at the Daemons list, a few things stand out:

1. Their units aren't cheap at all, so you should have the advantage of numbers - press it. Bring those Gor/Bestigor Hordes and take the fight to him.

2. Protect yourself against Flaming Attacks. The Flamers of Tzeentch can absolutely murderize an entire unit of guys if you let them - I suggest bringing a Beastlord with The Blackened Plate to protect one of your precious fighting hordes.

3. Bring magic protection. A L4 and a Dispel Scroll will be very important against Daemon magic - they have a bunch of quality spells and a bunch of quality Wizards.

4. KILL. THEIR. CHARACTERS. Can't stress this one enough - their command figures have amazing abilities, so they need to go, ASAP. Their Hero-level characters you can probably take on with a fighty Beastlord, whereas you'll want some buffing/debuffing on your side before you square up against a Greater Daemon.

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

I would agree with rothgar, big units with lots of attacks work well against daemons, as you will most likely outnumber him near 2-1 this should be quite easy. Be grateful he is not running slaanesh in their also, as their ability to hurt your Ld would be very costly.

+ Reply to Thread