Let's talk about Harpies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Let's talk about Harpies

Hey all,

Just looking to formulate some discussion about Beasties. Today, I'd like to talk about one of our more unusual unit options, the Harpies.

These guys expand our capabilities in the sense that they bring something that's very rare in the Beasties' repertoire, and that is flight. Not only that, but they can be upgraded to be Scouts as well, giving them incredible mobility. Their Initiative is also very high for our standards (and rather high overall at I5), plus each Harpy gets 2 attacks, which combine to make sure that they'll make short work of any vulnerable targets they run into. All that said, they are a bit pricey in the overall sense, and will have a tough time should they ever run into a real fighting unit.

I think 1-2 squads of 5 Harpies (with or without Scouts, depending on how many points you're willing to sink into this unit) are a very good addition to Beastmen armies at higher point totals, as well as for anyone expecting to deal with war machines or any of those other pesky things that are hard to get to.

What do you think about Harpies? Would you field them? Why or why not? How many of them? For what purpose? As usual, commentary and discussion is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually run 2 units of 5 Harpies in most games 2k or above. They are great for taking out softer targets behind enemy lines. They are also very good at redirecting enemy units so you can either take them away from the fighting or set them up for a multi charge. Its always fun when you can park them in front of a frenzied unit on a weird angle and make them overrun out of the fighting.

4. Thanksrothgar13 thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Heh, for a while there I didn't think I was going to get an answer... props to you, navigator.

1-2 units of 5 is what I've heard, which makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread