Minotaur Equipment - What to use? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Minotaur Equipment - What to use?

Hi all,

Am planning for a tale of 4 gamer over next summer, and I'm putting alot of thought into what I shall get for my Beastmen. Now, we all love the Mino models, but I'd rather not use them in a massive horde, however I would like to use them. Many people say "Go big or go home" when it comes to Mino's, but I can see them being used effectively as a support charger/flanking unit, if kept to small numbers. My question is, then, what weapons would you give a unit like this, Shields, AHWs or Great Weapons? Shields for a slight increase in sturdiness (but potentially not worth it, AHWs for attacks a-plenty but thats already granted from bloodgreed should you win the combat with another unit, or Great Weapons for the Str7. I personally think that GW would be the way to go, but I want to get this right, what would you guys recommend...?

Thanks,

NMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

The best equipment that you can give Minotaurs is a Gorebull. Frenzy keeps them going and effective - otherwise, their very average Ld becomes an issue should they get shot at. I like Shields on a flanker-style unit, because you won't be afforded the protection of a ton of Doom/Gorebulls up in front, and every shred of armor counts.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

That seems like hanging a lot of points on what's essentially just a support unit, plus with a Gorebull in there too it'll be attracting alot more attention than I want them to, people know what Mino Characters can do. Thought the shields would be the better choice, will probably make some GW ones just as an excuse to paint them =P

+ Reply to Thread