Cloven Comeback - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloven Comeback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Cloven Comeback

Greetings Beasties, and happy holidays. I hope that plenty of elves are hung by your chimney with care in hopes that Malagor will soon be there, I personally will be enjoying greenskins roasting on an open fire. Good news! Beastmen 2nd wave is on the horizon. I fell upon this rumor recently, and, normally, I wouldn't have given it any credit. But given the unpleasentness of the recent 'Tervagon fiasco', this rumor is a strong one. Here's the rundown.

Finecast: Pretty much the entire metal range will be switched to finecast.

No word on Special Characters

Rumored new Bray Shaman(more epicly posed) and, this rumor is a bit old and weaker, Plastic Chariots

Possible new Harpies

And finally, and most importantly, A Cygor/Gorgon plastic kit (the Gorgon itself being directly involved in the Tervagon incident)

Unfortunately, there is also no word on the Jabberwocky, thus only time will tell on that one and SC's

I was told all of this is due out 4th quarter 2011/ 1st quarter 2012. Heres to keeping our fingers(and our hooves) crossed. For reading, Thanks amillion.

" Are you gonna bark all day little doggy,
    or are you gonna bite? "

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

There is already a thread in the Rumors section that has some of that info, mainly concerning the 3 monsters (cygor, ghorgon and jabberslythe). It has pics as well.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Cygor/Ghorgon combo plastic kit will become on pre-order in next White Dwarf along with Jabberwoc... eh, Jabberslythe, which will be a big and costly finecast installation.

No word on other yet, but I dearly hope for plastic chariots and harpies.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Maigawd yes on the chariots and especially the Harpies (I converted my own and it cost me 60+ dollars and 2 weeks to finish!). I didn't know the 'Slythe was going to be finecast though. Lets hope it's no more expensive than the Cygor-gon, lest we have to pay MORE for a crappier rare.

I saw the new models and I gotta say, I'm rather dissapointed. GW's normally sterling miniatures track record is starting to become tarnished with a few half hearted models as of late (The GK Dreadknight, the 'Cron command barge, and the SOM Dragon, to name but a few). Not that every model in recent years is bad, (I can't name a single unit in the Dark Eldar range that I don't like), but in a similar vein to the sketchy new development staff, some of the new sculptors aren't quite up to standards IMHO (yet anyway).

I actually really like the Cygor. It's look and feel is spot on, even if it's pose leaves a bit to be desired, and I wish they would have toned down the bovine head somewhat and emphasized the Cyclops features a bit more like in the picture. But the Gorgon looks downright malproportioned,(and not in the good Chaos-y way either). As a sculptor myself, and an anatomy student, I look at the Gorgon, and it makes me want to cry. I thinks that it's biggest pitfall is that it has to share a kit with the Cygor. Their builds are like two seperate beasts, one with a bit of a paunch, and the other all muscle and blades and mouths, only it's blades are small and it has no mouths and little muscle to speak of. Minor inconveniances for a converter, but for the price tag, it should be near perfect in it's concept, especially with disgruntled collectors with less hobby skills. The Jabberslythe I actually also like. It's not at all like the Jabberwocky, but in a good way, making it uniquely their own, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on the price tag.
    or are you gonna bite? "

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blonde View Post
    I didn't know the 'Slythe was going to be finecast though. Lets hope it's no more expensive than the Cygor-gon, lest we have to pay MORE for a crappier rare.

The Jabberslythe I actually also like. It's not at all like the Jabberwocky, but in a good way, making it uniquely their own, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on the price tag.
    Pre-orders are up now. Alas, your hopes were crashed by GW marketing department who thought that paying more for crappier rares isn't enough. Not nearly enough. Instead the new Jabberslythe is actually the most expensive Finecast kit ever produced to date...
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

That's not really true - the Blood Knights hold that dubious honor.

That said, I would welcome a re-sculpt for both Harpies and Chariots. Gods know they need an update. If it's nice enough, I might ditch my converted ones for 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I'd say the 'slythe would be the most expensive single finecast model, where as the bloodknights are a multi model kit.
    I find it amusing that (at least to me) the best looking model of the three new ones is also the worst of the three ingame.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Raganok View Post
    I'd say the 'slythe would be the most expensive single finecast model, where as the bloodknights are a multi model kit.
    I find it amusing that (at least to me) the best looking model of the three new ones is also the worst of the three ingame.
    More than Azhag the Slaughterer!!!!?? I haven't seen the Jabber-price yet, but if it's more than Azhag, I'm just gonna convert one.
    or are you gonna bite? "

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

It's not more than Azhag, no. Either way, it's sad to say, but all three of these monsters are just plain bad on the tabletop, so the new models ring a bit hollow for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Really?, I find them to be ok. Definately not great, but decent at the least. I run them at about 20 pts. cheaper than they currently are, and most of the folks I know usually agree that that's just enough to balance them out. Either way, I'm a modeller/painter first and a gamer second, thus, the new models are a welcome addition in any event.
    or are you gonna bite? "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast