Beasts or shadows on GBS? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Beasts or shadows on GBS?

Well, title says it all really

I'm considering starting a beastmen army (aiming for one of each of the chaos lists ), playing around a bit with a herdstone list, but unsure wheter beasts or shadows would be best on the gbs? I was considering giving him fencers blades, preservation and a jagged dagger, but is this actually a good setup?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

IT's hard to say what is best or which provides the best synergy with your army, it depends on your play style, army list, gaming environment, or even preference. I like the Lore of Beasts personally. What direction are you looking to go with your Beastmen?
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

If you're going the "fighting Shaman" route, which is what Fencer's Blades + Jagged Dagger + TalPres is, you're better off with Lore of Beasts. The synergy between it and spells like Savage Beast of Horros and Wyssan's Wildform cannot be overstated.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Kabbala: I'm not sure yet, but leaning towards the herdstone build. It seems pretty solid, but will still need solid tactics to win with. It seems to me there is pretty much 2 beastmen builds, Herdstone spam or minobus (correct me if I'm wrong)

Roth: With that setup, yes, I'm pretty sure beasts is the better, but I can't help feeling that shadows is the better overall lore. What other GBS builds are viable?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

I'm fond of TalPres + Crown of Command + Power Stone for a dedicated Shadows shaman. For Death, I swap out the Power Stone for a Hagtree Fetish.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

+ Reply to Thread