Magic for my Beastmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

720 (x8)

Magic for my Beastmen

My current 2400 point list is this:

Beastlord - Armour of Silvered Steel, Talisman of Preservation, AHW
    Great Bray Shaman - Lvl 4

Wargor BSB - Gnarled Hide, HA, Banner of Beasts
    Bray Shaman - Shard of Herdstone
    Bray Shaman - Chalice of Dark Rain
    Bray Shaman

40 Gor - FC, AHW
    52 Ungor - FC
    5 Ungor Raiders
    5 Ungor Raiders

29 Bestigors

Yes, I can hear the groans on the Giant. He is here now mainly to bulk up the points before I can get more models assembled. The idea is to leave the Giant out and replace him with around 10 more Bestigors and some Harpies. Anyway, that is beside the actual point.

Now, I've been using Lore of Death on lvl 4 and Lore of Shadows on all three lvl 1's for dancing around the Herdstone and Miasma spamming. It has worked okayish with Lore of Death used for assassinating enemy generals and BSBs but lately I've been thinking of maybe trying something else for a change... So what are the competitive options for lores in this kind of list?

Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

lore of beasts on the lvl 1's should come in handy for wildforming a few units. i personally would stick with either lore of death on the lvl 4 or go for lore of shadow (can he take it? i dont have the book on me right now) in order to weaken enemy units for your wildformed units

11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

I run Beasts on the L4 along with a fighting kit (Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger, and a Ward save), plus Shadows on my L1's. I would never put Wildform on a L1, and the reasons are range (short) and casting cost (high).
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

+ Reply to Thread