Giant Or Shaggoth? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is better a Giant or a Shaggoth (I've already got a Shaggoth so I'm a bit biased)

At his feet a dying Tarkanan warrior urtered the words, 'Long live the Dragon King....'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giants! Hehe just kidding I think they are both decent choices, Shaggoth is a bit more reliable - You know what he is doing and he does it. The Giant however is more fun, comes in alot cheaper and allows for some cool convertions. Why dont you try ''tag-teaming'' them for a devestating effect!
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you want us to pick between reliablity and randomness?
    it kinda depends on your style.
    though i do say giants all the way!

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should definatly try both. I look forward to fighting your monsters in the future though (Mmmm Doom Bolt ) Test them on the feild, its the best way (Even though they will both die anyway :lol: hehe)
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giant are definately more fun to play with, but they arent reliable... Shaggoth's are better miniatures and can be very nasty, especially if upgraded to Lord choices... Overall, I reckon Shaggoth's are better, purely because they look so good!!!
    ...And I shall be there, waiting, at the gates of hell, you shall not escape my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Shaggot as a 3+ save, giant doesn't, he gets shot down by wood elf arrows.
    Need I say more <_<
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or skinks of any kind for that matter... (stupid poison).

The giant, however, will never run from a combat, or at least it&#39;s really rare with his high leadership and stubborn-ness. The shaggoth usually will lose to a large unit unless he gets a flank, and although his leadership is high, it&#39;s actually modified. With ranks, standard, and outnumber, he&#39;s usually running.

What you do is make him a champion (true, this takes up your lord slot) and throw him in with a retinue of 4 dragon ogres. That many high strength attacks usually will win combats. Give the shaggoth the mark of slaanesh and a great weapon, and that&#39;s just disgusting. Problem is, that&#39;s about 650 points for five models, and it takes up both your rares.

The giant is a lot cheaper, and can charge right into the front of a unit and afford to lose, &#39;cuz he will probably hold. Don&#39;t get him mixed in with a unit of high-strength guys, however, as then they stand a decent chance of killing him off before he can win a combat. Give him "Mutant Monstrosity" and have fun with him. Plus then he has a save (a less-than average one, but better than none).

Both options are good in their own right. If you have the points, take the shaggoth. If you need that extra 100 points or so, take the giant.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to all.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a no-brainer, giant all the time, its cheaper, can do more damage (sometimes) and is way more fun to use, isnt the whole point of gaming to have fun, and ginats can help you win easliy against armies with stone throwers, war machines, etc. think about it, you have a 1 out of two change of getting thumpo with club aginst them (read the rules to see effects, they&#39;re great) and war machines, etc have no I so it auto mattically hits (not sure about WM and I so please tell me if im wrong)
    the mutant montrosity rule is so much better to use than the slanneshi GW shaggoth upgrade, so definatly go for the giant.
    i am not a spammer, i merely post replies irrelevant to the topic

there are three things that a beatsman loves to do, fight, drink and &quot;a-hem&quot; the sheep at the local empire settlements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaggoths are good if they dont run away...which mine tends to do sometimes , So i have left him on the sidelines and tend to take normal dragon ogres, but the whole causing terror is really effective.
    I recently experimented with a Giant and found that they are fun to play with, however he didnt do all that much so i would love to take him again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loike the giant but i have only used him in my greenskins army, where he has work wonders.
    &quot;Fight like gobbos&quot;- Skarsnik

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast