Basing Your Beasts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as the beastmen are a race from far beyond the old world, they come from many different conditions with many different terrains, this allows players to come up with many different colour schemes and base terrains.

looking more specifically at bases, how do you base your beasts and why do you choose to do it that way.

as my army is rooted within khazraks domain and history, i wanted to show a little piece of the drakwald in my models, so i stuck to the basic 'eavy metal paint scheme with a few tweeks

the bases:
    1. coat the upper base with sand after basecoating and painting the models, the more gritty effect is needed.
    2. paint the sand scorched brown, and dont woory about hitting the hoofs, its adds to the muddy effect.
    3. when dried drybrush over with vermin brown and but dont paint any rocks that were stuck on with the sand.
    4. get a standard brush and dab "blob" of PVA glue in patches on the bases, cover these patches with static grass.
    5. finally paint the edge of the base with goblin green.

dont critisize that this is both partiucullary common (im starting the topic for people with more exotic schemes) and sounding like an episode of art attack, only some will know what this is, so hopefully, they wont read thsi and critisize.

before i started a horde of khazrak i was thinking of a snowy mountain based army, has anyone done this???

i am not a spammer, i merely post replies irrelevant to the topic

there are three things that a beatsman loves to do, fight, drink and "a-hem" the sheep at the local empire settlements

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I do as I always do.
    Scorched brown
    Bestial Brown
    Bleached bone
    Faded Static grass
    Paint the edges of the base black again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reviewing my models, i realised that the skin of the beasts is the same colour scheme as the base, which i find goes quite well.

from now on could you please post a complete colour scheme so we can see whether people really are themeing their beasts from across the world

carnook tzaol. (Y)
    i am not a spammer, i merely post replies irrelevant to the topic

there are three things that a beatsman loves to do, fight, drink and "a-hem" the sheep at the local empire settlements

+ Reply to Thread