Beastmen In Small Battles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering, are beastmen good in small battles? i have read that the beastmen run from most opponents, but i can't see a giant goat-man fleeing from humans or elves. are they skilled enough to use in small battles, or do they need support from other beastmen? i also worry about the lack of range. and can i field ungors in units without gors in the same unit, or all gor units? any help would be appreciated

"What's nastier than the smell of melting polystyrene? The smell of burning flesh."
    TargetOnMyBack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastmen do fine in small battles. Their high-speed and mobility, combined with higher-than-average toughness ensures they get to combat most of the time. The only reason people say beasts run is because in small games, the best leadership of a beast is 7, including your general. Now you could take an Exalted Daemon as your general, but then he'll normally be off on his own.

I don't find this a problem most of the time, as you're supposed to win combats with Beasts .

No you can't field ungors in units of their own, nor can you field all gors. Not much of a problem, as the plastic box set comes with both (12 gors/8 ungors). You should take a look through the rules of the army book next time you're in a game store for more detail.

Also, the beasts don't normall have to worry about ranged, as you're fast enough to leave your opponent with 1 shot at short range, and maybe 2 at long range (at most). And with ambushing herds, you can quickly take out enemy artillery before it becomes too much of a threat.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do beastmen have powerful magic? i can't look at the book because i have to go to wichita to look at one. my local model shop doesn't let me look at the books because i am "suspicious looking" when i am just standing there, the owner doesn't know a thing about Warhammer or 40k, he thinks his fire warriors can only shoot 12"
    "What's nastier than the smell of melting polystyrene? The smell of burning flesh."
    TargetOnMyBack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beast magic can be quite powerful. And since you can't go to look at the lores, here's a link:

Magic Lores

An undivided shaman can use either beast, shadow, or death. Shadow and death are in their respective files, and beast is in the revised lore file. Any spell caster without undivided uses their respective god's lore- also listed on that link.

Hope that helps.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

+ Reply to Thread