God Vs Skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God Vs Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to start beasts... i was wondering which god is best vs skaven?
    Probably clan esnin, im not sure though.... we have both played 40k, thought it was semi gay... we always liked games in the past. so we went with fantasy. any help with the gods would be greatly appreciated.

"What's nastier than the smell of melting polystyrene? The smell of burning flesh."
    TargetOnMyBack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

khorne, or nurgle i would say

khorne as any of his spells (skitter leap) you can dispell with ease as you will have plenty of dispell dice, also it benefits you with tha +1 atack in combat and able to whipe the eshin out in combat easily

nurgle as they cause fear and as eshin have poor Ld and dont benefit from the strength in numbers special rule they will end up failing a heck of alot of Ld rolls, also your characters are much tougher and the use of magic is helpful

overall whichever god you choose just watch out for the triad as they are super annoying and really cheesey for their points IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I love khorne, I am going to say he is the LEAST effective of the gods for playing against Eshin skaven. Frenzy means you're going to spend half the game with your big units running through forests and doing nothing but get shot by throwing stars from pathetic night runners.

I would suggest Nurgle or Tzeentch as your best bets. Nurgle has one spell that allows you to slow them down, and that's amazing vs Eshin. And tzeentch is even better. The best spell is probably the one that creates horrors- as then he's stuck in CC with a fresh unit until you catch him with your normal units.

But against Eshin, your basic beast herd is probably your best option. You're skirmishers, so he can't dance around you with throwing stars, and if he charges you, you get ranks and can match him for attacks (maybe more with ungor attacks). And if you have them, furies are great as they far outspeed his normal units and can easily run down a few night runner units, what with fear and all.

And although it's very fluffy to take monsters like trolls, minotaurs, giants, and shaggoths, don't against Eshin unless you can keep him in front of you. He gets behind you and you can't catch him. If you get a charge off, great, just be sure it's against something worthwhile.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeeetch. Hands down,anyone who tells you to play khorne vs an army of small cheap skirmishing units is absolutely insane. Take the staff of change,coupled with 6-7 DD and a single scroll and theres pretty much no magic you cant take on. Add in the fact that eshin lists lack dedicated magic defense,coupled with magic missles vs skirmishers,its a no brainer. In general i dont see eshin as a hard opponent for beasts,since we are almost as manueverable but hit much much harder. This combines to mean we not only can jockey for position with eshin(their main advantage is choosing their fights,take that away and their going to get hurt) but we can dominate them in combat with basic gors and hard hitters like minotaurs.

+ Reply to Thread