Beastmen variation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastmen variation

i am starting Tzeentch beastmen. i have an idea to paint all of my squads differently, they are chaos anyway... liike one squad may have dark skin while another may have light. Since i worship the lord of change do you think it would be a good idea to paint them this way?
    i can't understand why they GW ones are all uniform in color, they wander from the settlements in which they mutated, so since they are from different tribes i think they should be different colors.
    any suggestions or comments would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand what you're saying, and you're right. A lot of armies really shouldn't have a standard color scheme. But since it is one army, people generally like to give it that look, and the best way to do that is use at the very least similar colors.

But by all means, no one is stopping you from this, and it's a pretty good idea.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my beast army, each unit is different, but not in colour
    i have a mutated unit, one unit with red body paint, a one that has been slightly converted to look like its been shot alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

Or having one common color and varying the rest.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am going to make their loin-cloths blue, except for the chainmail ones. and the standard bearer i going to have a blue standard with the symbol of tzeencth on it. you will easily be able to tell which players they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

And their skins/furs? Will they vary? Like different shades of brown.
    And some of them having a very dark fur, with spacewolf grey highlights on the top of the hairs. Would be beautiful.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already painted some, i painted them great,the first gor is the best model i have ever painted. Even dad said it was amazing, and he used to be a great modeler. It looks like it could be in the book.. :o .. can't say exactly the same for my latest.. oh well, and yes they all have different skin tones., my ungor has light skin while my gors skin is darker. I'll ask my dad to take some pics with his digital camera so i post what they look like. At the moment i don't have blue paint so i haven't done the loin-cloths, and i haven't experimented with many fur colors.
    My first gor has scorched brown skin highlighted with scorched brown/bleached bone. and the fur is the same colors yet looks surprisingly different from the skin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance of pics? Sounds like the project is going well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, i wasn't able to get on for a while.. internet went down. I just painted the loin cloths on my gors and my ungor. i should have some pics up in a week or two, once i see my dads friend, he is the only one of us who can host pics on the internet........................ :o

And secondly, my friend has decided to be clan moulder. He has giant rats a rat ogre and soon some clanrats. i was wondering if the ogres will be a problem for my wargor or beastherds, if so then should i take them down with my minotaurs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Photo Bucket for hosting pics. It's got a limited account type that's totally free, you just have to upload the images (which takes no time at all).

Wow, there aren't a whole lot Moulder players out there (probably why GW made plastic rat ogres and giant rats). The rat ogres will only be a problem if you fail your fear test, otherwise you should be able to win combat with your rank and standard bonuses in a beast herd. And with a wargor, the combat should definitely go in your favor. Especially if your wargor has the Goretooth and gets his spell off, then he's dragging down a rat ogre per turn, almost guaranteed.

Minotaurs can go toe to toe with them. I think two hand weapons would be the best option against Skaven, as then you strike before the rat ogres. Great weapons might help you to wound, but then you go last. If you're not having luck with wounding, switch to using great weapons in later games.

I would think the best way to beat them is to get the charge off, which is hard because rat ogres and giant rats are faster than your average beast. With careful movement of your skirmishers, this can be done. Also, try the Staff of Darkoth on a wargor. Maybe give him a power stone too, for a nice end of magic phase surprise.

+ Reply to Thread