Heros and Marks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heros and Marks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heros and Marks

There are some things I want to make sure I understand properly.

All heroes automatically have a mark of chaos undivided, which can be upgraded to a specific mark.

A hero cannot join a unit if he has a mark, unless they have the same mark.

A beast heard cannot have a mark.

Therefore a hero can never join a beast heard? Is that correct?

Furthermore, the only effect of a mark of slaanesh is that that particular model is immune from psychology.

If a general has the mark of slaanesh, his immune to psychology does not pass on to nearby units.

I used to like playing slaanesh in 40k, but it doesn't seem to have much of a point in BOC.

Did I figure all of that out right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only things I can say for sure is that the general thats immune to psychollogy doesn't pass that ability on to units within 12 inches of him.

Oh and the mark of slannesh supposedly makes the model strike first in CC.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

If a Hero has a Mark, he cannot join a unit that can have a Mark and has a different Mark than the Hero.

ie.

A Beastlord of Nurgle can join a Beast Herd, as that unit cannot have a Mark

A Beastlord of Nurgle can join a Bestigor Herd that has not been given a Mark

A Beastlord of Nurgle cannot join a Beast Herd that has been given any other Mark than Nurgle (this applies even to the free Mark of Chaos Undivided)

Beastmen, Mortals and Dark Elves with the Mark of Slaanesh become Immune to Psychology.

As Daemons are already Immune to Psychology, any Daemon taking the Mark of Slaanesh gains the "Always Strikes First" rule.

Note that the Mark of Chaos Undivided doesn't grant any benefit at all to a Daemon, as an Instability test is not a Psychology test.

Anything else?
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing.

I can stick a marked hero into a beast heard that has no mark.

If I stick a hero into a unit they test off of his leadership.

If the hero has Immune to Psychology (From say, a Mark of Slaanesh) does that mean the unit will automatically pass any psychology test?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure but it should say what would happen in the rule book
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No- just like how Undivided doesn't allow the herd to reroll psychology tests if there is a character with them.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

One more thing of note: Apart from Heralds, Exalted Daemons and Daemon Princes, no Daemon has a Mark.

EDIT: They still do count for the purposes of having Marked units. For example, I have an army led by a Lord of Chaos Undivided. This army is mostly Slaaneshi and Undivided, but I want to include a Sorcerer of Tzeentch. To include an Aspring Champion or an Exalted Champion of Tzeentch I have to include at least one unit with the Mark of Tzeentch. Since I lack flyers, I take a unit of Screamers of Tzeentch. These Daemons count as having the Mark of their master, and thus I can take the Tzeentchian Sorcerer.
    Last edited by Teron; June 26th, 2005 at 22:28.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another side note on marks. I believe the mark of undivided gives you free reign on such. A character with the mark of undivided can join units with any mark. Or a character with anymark can join a unit of undivided. The major part of the rule that you have to remember is that a character with a mark of one of the four gods cannot join a unit with a mark of one of the other gods. This I believe is the only restriction. Well, aside from the army requirements. Such as you have to have one unit with a mark before you can give a character that mark. If your general as a mark other than undivided the only marks you are allowed to have is the mark of undivided and the mark of your general.

+ Reply to Thread