All minotaur army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All minotaur army

Has anybody tried one or thought of trying one? It would be cool but I don't think it would compete very well and it would also be very expensive as GW likes to stick it to the consumer. I thought it would be cool to have the mark of undivided on the Doombull and then have a variety of different marks in the units (probalby not tzeench, no sorcerers). I almost want to proxy it and see what happens. I think when I calculated it came out to be about 40 models or so?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I own an all Minotaur army.

2000 Pts - Chaos Roster - Unnamed

Doombull (1#, 304 Pts)
    1 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]×~[(#]Doombull of Nurgle
    General; Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield; Causes Fear
    1 Axes of Khorgor

Sorcerer (1#, 226 Pts)
    1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle
    Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Causes Fear
    1 Chaos Steed
    1 Dispel Scroll
    1 Dispel Scroll

Minotaurs (7#, 394 Pts)
    6 Minotaurs of Nurgle
    Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Scaly Skin
    1 Bloodkine
    Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor

Minotaurs (6#, 347 Pts)
    5 Minotaurs of Nurgle
    Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Scaly Skin
    1 Bloodkine
    Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Light Armor

Tuskgor Chariot (1#, 85 Pts)
    1 Tuskgor Chariot
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
    1 Ungor Driver
    Spear
    1 Bestigor Warrior
    Great Weapon
    2 Tuskgor

Tuskgor Chariot (1#, 85 Pts)
    1 Tuskgor Chariot
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels
    1 Ungor Driver
    Spear
    1 Bestigor Warrior
    Great Weapon
    2 Tuskgor

Centigor (5#, 130 Pts)
    4 Centigor
    Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield
    1 Gorehoof
    Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield

Centigor (5#, 130 Pts)
    4 Centigor
    Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield
    1 Gorehoof
    Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (1#, 295 Pts)
    1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    Hand Weapon; Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target; Scaly Skin

Total Roster Cost: 1996

It works well most of the time, and I've had NO problems against Ogre kingdom armies which are also a "big" army. Ogre's just can't fight as well as Minotaurs, though.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like minotaurs the army would call for specific attention and would be blown to bits by armies with 3 cannons etc.etc.etc.

Its a nemisis army that focuses too much on one thing, thus ignoring the other aspects of the army, which is bad. Like an-all knight bret force or an empire for with 4 cannons and all that crazy ****.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

I like the army H0urg1ass! But it's not technically an all minotaur army because it's got mortals and beastmen in it! Anyway, it's still cool. Although are you aware that you can't use a shield with the Axes of Khorgor?! (because they require two hands). Or is the shield just for protection against missiles? Also, why not give the Doombull the Chaos Armour magic item? Bit better than heavy armour and only a few points more (which would in fact bring your army total to exactly 2000pts!)

Other than that, cool army. And kudos for having the bravery to actually make and use it!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Oh yeah, I know I can't use the shield in CC, but it's to give me a bonus against missile weapons before I get there.

This is really my favorite army of my fantasy armies and I play it almost completely exclusively. People really like to just watch me play it against other armies too, since my smallest model on the table is still usually twice the size of basic troops in other armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its only got 11 minatuars in You shaggoth almost counts for as many points as the rest of your minotaurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

Yeah, it's only 13 (Bloodkine are still Minotaurs) Minotaurs, but look at it this way: Each Minotaur has three wounds and a 4+ scaly skin save (God I love Nurgle). Because of this, each unit of my troops is the equivalent of 19-21 soldiers per unit.

You shaggoth almost counts for as many points as the rest of your minotaurs
    The Shaggoth is absolutely worth it though. He's what I call "War Machine Bait" As long as he's coming towards their lines, they tend to forget my two big formations of Minotaurs coming towards them.

Besides, if they ignore him and he makes it there (which miraculously, I've only lost my Shaggoth in battle ONCE), then it's time for some terror tests. Terror tests are great. I once made about half of a Lizardman army run off of a table due to terror tests, and that's with 3d6 Ld test.

Centigors are even better. They treat woods as clear terrain for the purposes of moving. My opponents always underestimate this ability, and I nearly always get a charge off into the rear or flank of an enemy unit because of this ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a side note to tzeench lord, the doombull can't take chaos armour. The only magic items he can have is a weapon.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Ah yes, quite true. I hadn't read the options text properly, they really need to put little details like that in bold or something!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have played my beastman army against an all minitaur army, and i soundly thrahsed it. problem was, the guy had nothing but minitours, nothing at all but them. at the most, he could only have 6 or so models in a unit. combat results punished him severly, and even when he did win, he couldn't pursue my fleeing units, and instead of whiping them out, they would flee and rally, i would then charge the minatours with another unit, and then the newly rallied unit would get a charge in too, he couldn't get charges on me at all. so he had low unit strength, no rank bonuses, and was totally unable to get charges on me. the greatest strength of a beasts of chaos army is their maneuverability, minataurs should be used for added muscle, not the main effort
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Vegitarianism is willingly demoting yourself on the food chain.</span>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast