beast heards in mortal list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beast heards in mortal list

i was wondering if the mandatory beast herd for each bestigor heard applies in a mortal list, ie if i take pestigors in my mortal nurgle list am i obliged to include a beast herd. the rule in the army book would seem to indicate this, but i've seen several armies with pestigors without beast herds, even in the beasts of chaos book there is a picture of a mortal nurgle army with pestigors and no beast herd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The restriction still holds up in any chaos army (mortal, daemon, beast). Don't believe the pictures- they're more for show than anything, to show off and advertise the army.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Personally, I would have thought that the rule of 'cannot have more bestigor herds than you have beast herds' only applies to Beast armies, since it's part of the selection criteria for Beast core troops. Since you're taking a bestigor herd as a special choice in you mortal army, it means nothing. I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking a bestigor herd without a beast herd in a mortal army.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

+ Reply to Thread