minotaurs in warbands - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

minotaurs in warbands

I was writing up some warbands lists for an upcomming turrnie. I want to strick a minotaur in the lsit. I have the points but I can't decide what to equip him with. Im giveing him the light armour because its worth the points to block a couple of arrows, its the wepon that killing me (hee hee :p ) Im wondering what is more workth while:

4 st 4 attacks with the second weapon or 3 st 6 attacks with a great wepon. for me it comes down to what effects me best in a small game. Im thinking the extra attack might be useful but im really not sure.

what do you guys think. +2 st or +1 attack?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much always take the great weapon. It's better against most units, and gives you a punch to deal with tough guys and high armor save units as well. But in the warbands set-up, I'd almost say that two hand weapons, and then use him and his fear to hunt small units of 7 or less (no ranks, he should be able to take them). Also, light armor is almost worthless unless you have the mark of Nurgle, which makes that lone minotaur rather expensive, since you buy the mark for the unit.

Actually you should get 2 models- one with great weapon, the other with light armor and two hand weapons (only one point more than the great weapon). Then just switch them out depending on who you're playing against. Minotaurs do live guarding shrines piled high with the weapons of slain enemies, I'm sure he could find two hand weapons, a great weapon, and light armor somewhere in the pile. Unless of course that messes up the warbands rules, I only glanced through them very briefly, so I don't know all that much.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

For a warband I'd go with the additional attack. Most warbands do not have great armor saves (dwarves the exception). While the strength 6 is useful, the extra attack might save your butt if you charge. However, if your looking to use the Minatuar to flank a small unit I'd go with the Str 6 to almost garuntee killing the units he's in contact with in the flank (most likely 2)
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread