Tips for a New General - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips for a New General

Hey there...I know you guys get this all the time, but i was wanting any tips on raising my army of beasts (i.e good tactics, painting tips, etc. etc.) I appreciate all the help that i will hopefully recieve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the answers you are looking for are in older post. Also, it would help if you asked some more specific questions than that general

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if u have the book, use ambush to its full potency, always (or i think so) make ur general with mark of nurgle for fear causin and 1+ wound, this also allows for minotaurs with mark of nurgle which confers a scaly skin save, stay away from a shagoth as regular dragon ogres r better but even so minotaurs imo r better n cheaper, warhounds r a very good idea for numbers, i wuldnt use bestigors but imo if u do use them small units of 10 work best for flankin n such, beastmen rnt a magic army but a scroll caddy wuldnt hurt

tactics-learn from experience lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little biased towards Nurgle, aren't we? It is undeniably a powerful mark, but it's just one of the four gods at your disposal when playing Chaos. I think you should check out the thread titled 'Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh?' for some ideas on what the marks can do for your army.

And I have to argue the point about the Shaggoth, as he is just an amazing monster. Dragon ogres do have some punch, but a shaggoth in the flank (made oh so easy with free pivots) will decimate a unit. Dragon ogres will spend too long getting into position for a flank, if their opponent ever gives them the chance. And if you risk plowing into the front of a unit, you face all the same weaknesses as a ogres or indeed any ogre-sized monsters (minotaurs, kroxigors, trolls, etc.); and that is no ranks, rarely outnumbering, and relying entirely on wounds to win combats. And with their only slightly-above average WS, it's going to be tough to hit at all. However, with the sheer amount of extra wounds (even at a lower toughness and save), I think the shaggoth at the very least is even with normal dragon ogres for effectiveness.

And about the bestigors as flankers and units of 10- I'm sorry but that's another point that I disagree with. For 10 bestigor you pay 120 points, minimum. For the same price, you could get 20 hounds in units of 5, each unit perfect for flanking because you only need 3 to survive until combat with their US2 on each hound. Then you have more flankers, who are also a lot faster. And bestigor are an amazing unit, and I think they deserve their place in every beast army. They and beast herds should be making up the bulk of your army, and the bestigor bring full ranks to the table, something the herd cannot do. Also, the S6 bestigor will tear through just about anything, and rarely lose combats if you use them as a bodyguard almost for your beastlord. Cover their flanks with herds, and you're set.

I hope that helps.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not give you any tactical tips , just a little paint tip: Stay in neutral colours as it makes it easyer to change Gods, when you feel like it.

+ Reply to Thread