Is a khorne army good? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a khorne army on beasts for 2k good?

hi! im new to warhammer and i want to start a khorne army on beasts for 2k and i want experienced players to give me some advice. thanks!

Last edited by galenhui; September 18th, 2005 at 05:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

be more specific, what do you want out of your army.

Every army is 'good' and very army is 'bad' in their own way.

Basically Khorne is an up your ass closecombat dominater army but they have no ranged attacks whatsoever, not even magic. Close combat is what they excel at and thats where you want them to be. However frenzy makes them hard to control without a few techinques :cool:
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the beast 'Khorne' army is not all that khornate, because they can only have on core unit with the mark, the rest have to be minotaurs or mortals/daemons. I ran khorne for a long time, it being my first and only fantasy army for a while, and it works really well, actually.

My usual list usually had a beastlord of khorne, a wargor of khorne (with or without the BSB upgrade, depending on points/mood), and a pair of shamans because I honestly believe beasts become that much better with even a little bit of magic, but one caster can be cancelled out by an army without any almost. My core was a big block of Khorngors (20+ with the 'lord), two beast herds (for the shamans, 12 gors/8 ungors), and a chariot or two. The rest of the points got filled in with monsters of some kind, my favorite combo being 4 minotaurs of blood and a shaggoth.

You have to understand that all beast lists end up being mostly Undivided, with a bit of flavor thrown in by marked characters and the lone bestigor herd with a mark. After you accept that, you won't feel too bad about taking a shaman with the Staff of Darkoth and a power stone, and just casting that for a nice 20" charge move in a single turn for your big khorngor unit with the beastlord. And on the charge, that unit eats just about anything, even Bretonnian knights. I mean I've had Empire detachments do their whole flank charge thing and actually give up more wounds to CR than they brought by ignoring my ranks and the flank bonus. Multiple attacks at S6 mess up a lot of things.

Well. I've rambled long enough, and I need some sleep (it is 5:30 AM for me right now). So more on this later, if you want.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh so its beasts, sry misread. My presonal preferance for beasts would be tzeetch but the characters get mad expensive. SLeensh is jus plain sick :mellow:
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can only have one army with the mark of Khorne? and thanks for all the information and yes, i want to know more.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

No, what SilentStorm meant was that there is only one 'Core Unit' in the beasts army (ie. the Bestigors) that you can give the Mark of Khorne (or whatever) to. Normal Beast herds cannot be given marks, and even if you have more than one unit of Bestigors, only one of them can be given a mark.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bbbbuuuuuttttt.......Mortals don't have this problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortals are also prone to running after the quickest of enemies that they cannot hope to ever catch. A single unit of fast cavalry can take out your expensive khorne warriors for the entire game if used right.

A beast army is great for marks, because it doesn't go over the top with the effects and the marks are added in just for flavor. In a typical marked army, you see the mark on a bestigor herd (making the pestigors, khorngors, tzaangors, or slaangors), one to two units of minotaurs, and the characters. Fill in the rest of your points with beast herds, hounds, chariots, and whatever else comes to mind (shaggoth), and you have yourself a nice little army.

Combining the huge access you have to magic move spells, you can avoid having your expensive khorngors/minotaurs go chasing after an enemy they can't beat or can't ever catch. The Shadow lore has Unseen Lurker, and you can guarantee a magic move with the Staff of Darkoth. Mortals wish their warriors could charge 20" in a single turn. And failing that, beast herds do wonders at guarding their flanks, and hounds are great for blocking LoS to enemies you really don't want them to charge off after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that means if i have 2 bestigor units, i can have 2 units with the mark of khorne?
    Last edited by galenhui; September 21st, 2005 at 14:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have as many bestigor herds as you have beast herds, but only one bestigor unit can be marked. So one unit could be a khorngor unit and the other would have to be unmarked. Sorry if I'm still being unclear- check the army book next time you have access to one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast