Chaos Armour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chaos Armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Armour

I was wondering, chaos armour is listed as a magic item in the veasts of chaos book so in theory u can only take it once which just seems slighlt wierd. anyone got any ideas?

Don't ask u have no idea

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

No, Chaos armor is allowed on lots of things, you just don't take it once... its on knights, and warriors, lords, and even wizards I believe. Its a special item, like full plated armour for the empire, or dragon armour for high elves, it can be equiped on lots of things, you just got to look at the options for that unit/ character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanley is right. The magic item equipment Chaos Armour can only be purchased once. Mose anybody who wants chaos armour starts with it in the Hordes of chaos book but as far as beasts are concerned it is a magic item that can be taken only once. But you are also allowed to use the magic items listed in the hordes of chaos book with your beastmen which I believe opens up another couple of more specialized chaos armour to you. Armour of Dargon (? don't have book with me) and such.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Green Knight is correct, Magic69 is wrong. The Chaos Armour magic item in the Beasts of Chaos book is a magic item just the same as all the other magic items, and it can only be taken ONCE. It is NOT the same as special armour types like Full Plate that other armies have access to. If you want other beasts characters to have something other than light or heavy armour, you have to choose one of the other magic armour items (like the Armour of Damnation or the Crimson Armour of Dargan), which happen to also be a type of chaos armour anyway, but with an additional effect.

The chaos armour that Mortal characters and chosen warriors/knights wear is something that is inherent to the model. It comes with it and it cannot be downgraded to light or heavy in order to save points or anything like that. Such models either have to stick with their chaos armour, or in the case of characters, buy a suit of magic armour from the magic items list.
    Last edited by Tzeentch Lord; March 13th, 2006 at 20:38.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Ahhhh! , sorry I got this forum mixed up with Hordes of Chaos!! I'm very very sorry...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic69
    Ahhhh! , sorry I got this forum mixed up with Hordes of Chaos!! I'm very very sorry...
    Its easy to do, beasts of chaos have their own stuff.

Which brings on the question: do you think its unfair that they're allowed all hordes of chaos stuff at 1 place up eg. Core=Special???

I think its unfair. They get much too much variety like chaos knights.
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I don't know if its unfair or not. They really do have a ton more options than most armies. But at the same time, I think it actually hurts you to take too much from the hordes list aside from marauder/horsemen. Too points heavy. If you can't field a lot of troops with beastmen you will get smoked.

+ Reply to Thread