Horrors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horrors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrors

I was thinking about adding a unit of 16 horrors to by Tzeench beast army in place of my bestigors, cause my bestigors never seem to do anything. I figured that the horrors will at least use up dispell dice. I konw they suck in combat. It would be the only real rank and file unit I'd have in my army. But its tzeench so its not really CC orientated.

Also, what happened to the lists section? Am I the only one who can't find it any more?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Yes, Horrors do suck in combat, and their magic isn't that great either. It's only of any use if you have lots of other magic in your army too, otherwise most of it will just get dispelled. Why do your Bestigors never seem to do anything then? Do you mean they don't actually make it to combat? Or did you mean they are ineffective when they get there? Please go into more detail and I'll try to advise you.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little of both. I started this army with a unit of 20 bestigors with full command, But that was 270 points (295 when I tried the warbanner). Seeing as it was harder to hit the skirmishers with shooting, the bestigors took the brunt of it, so against armies that had a lot of shooting/offensive magic they got hit pretty good. But they are tough and made it through. They usually made it into combat. And usually faired pretty well, but I never had them make their points back. So now I dropped the size to 12 and added a unit of 3 minotaurs and that works a lot better for me. I have 2 heavy hitters that I can send down different flanks or whereever I need them. I have a doombull armie that has more big stuff that I use them more in but for my magic army they just cost too much for what they do. I already have 1000 thrown away on characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have just started using a tzeench beast army, and i would not suggest horrors as a unit however the tzeench indigo fire is great buy some horrors just for that and target them against light infantry but works best against skirms. i would also suggest blasted standard for your bestigor 5+ ward and if you have enough magic they should be to busy with that to use dispell dice on a bound level 4 spell. also if you put a character in unit give him dark heart that extra d3 charge range should help you get them into combat.

how many power dice do you have by the way i usally have 14 or 12 depending if i want battle standard.
    'work to live do not live to work'

+ Reply to Thread