Comparing Marks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comparing Marks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing Marks

Hi everyone, Im new on this site, though am A member of a couple of others.
    I as wondering what people thought of the Marks of the various gods. Specifically for Minotaurs? I am in the middle of painting up my beast army (god I'm sick of Ungors...!) And am about to come to my Minotaurs, I've got three standard GW ones with great weapons, and am about to convert 4 more from rat ogres, ogres,and daemon princes' legs. I plan on playing undivided, but want to have a go at converting them. I was planning on Nurglifying them, but is this a waste of points?
    Im not after absolute efficency, just wanted to know if people have found that Mark useful, or useless?
    Thanks for any replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

You have come to the right place my friend! My only beastman army is a minataur army. I can tell you the best mark for these bad boys is that of grandfather nurgle. Combine this with Lightarmour and you've got a 3 wound monster with a 4+ armour save!

I've not lost a battle yet fielding my 2,000 minataur army. 24 of them, a DoomBull, Exhalted Daemon, Chaos Spawn, and Mutant Monstrosity Giant. Ahhh, it's brilliant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree, for minotaurs that is definately the way to go. For bestigors and chariots though, definately slannesh, give your guys a chance of sticking around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.
    Its nice when fluff and efficency go together! Cant wait to get playing with them (I dont let myself play until I have about 1500 pts painted properly, otherwise I know I'll take forever to paint the remainders!)
    Cheers for the other advice too.

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    I plan on playing undivided, but want to have a go at converting them. I was planning on Nurglifying them
    A good plan, but with one small flaw. While Minotaurs can be marked, they can only have the same mark as the army General. So if you're using an Undivided army (with an Undivided general, obviously), the Minotaurs can't have the mark of Nurgle (or any of the other three), only the mark of Undivided.

This is a departure from the usual conventions of Undivided armies being able to include units with other marks, but the profile for Minotaurs in the Beasts book does specifically state that they have to have the same mark as the general.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah well...
    looks like I will have to think a bit more. Thanks for that though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

No problem, sorry about that though, I hate to kick a good plan in the nuts, but them's the rules. I'd rather you were aware of it than you go ahead, spend lots of time working on the models and then find you can't legally use them! That would probably be even more of a bummer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true! Dont know how I missed it, must have just read the stuff in the army selection about Marks and left it at that...
    Why is that do you reckon? (about Minotaurs and Marks...?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Don't know really. Doombull's can only have magic weapons and not any other magic items, I missed that one myself because it's only in the small print. There's no reason given for that either, nor why Shaggoths are not allowed to have any magic items at all (although a GW staff member did explain that it was because shaggoths are so huge, magic items aren't made for creatures their size).

But anyway, I still have no idea why minotaurs are only allowed the same mark as the army general. :huh: Baffling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks anyway.
    I'm just grateful that in my converting, I've only made a little bit nurgly

+ Reply to Thread