Centigors, why are they so bad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Centigors, why are they so bad

What am i doing wrong. My centigors are teerrible. In every battle I play they do nothing. My five frenzied cenigors charged a unit of 11 clanrats, they killed nothing and with the clanrats attacks back they wiped out my centigors in one turn. This happens everytime...

Is it their unit size? Is five a bit small?

Or are they just too squishy? Should I give them sheilds?

Or stay out of combat altogether? Throwing axes?

Or should i just forget it, my centigors are cursed and i just have to accept it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my 5 centigors as a lure for my abushing troops, here's what I do:

I line up my centigors on either the far right or far left side of the board, in 90% of the situations your enemy will line up some sort of troops across from your centigors, if not, good for you! Because you've got an extremely fast unit that can travel across the board unchecked, if not your enemy has taken your ambush bait. Have a unit of Gors and Ungors waiting halfof the way down the board, after one move you should come about 9-10 inches away from their ambush point. Once your opponent nears them, sound the Brayhorn, now your opponent has two choices, charge the centigors and get rear charged by the Gors/Ungors or turn to face them and get flanked by the Centigors. Obviously this won't work if your opponent lines up a ranged unit across, inwhich case use your centigor's beutiful movement to slide them back over in with the rest of your army (effectively taking away the effectivness of the ranged unit) where they can support other troops with flanking and using the ol' bait and switch.

P.S. Don't frenzy them, they're more of a tactical unit than a combat one.
    Last edited by MekX; December 4th, 2006 at 05:25. Reason: 1234

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems like exellent advice MekX. I will definately use that stratedgy in my next battle. I wish I could add to your reputation!

Just one thing, can you choose to take the drunken test?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straw View Post
    That seems like exellent advice MekX. I will definately use that stratedgy in my next battle. I wish I could add to your reputation!

Just one thing, can you choose to take the drunken test?
    Drunken, I forgot about drunken... I haven't played them in a while, but here's what you can do if they accidentaly get frenzied, just keep them roughly 17-18 inches away from the enemy, it's tough because they have such a high movement but eyeballing distances is something you need to learn with experience and is incredibly importnat and will win you many many battles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I must admit that when they go freizied its hard to reisist the temptation of charging the nearest unit though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna quote a famous pirate when I say "Wait for the opportune moment."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

they are very similar to any cav unit. they have the possibility of doing some really heavy damage, but alas, due to my dice rolling skills, usually whiff and make 1 wound if Im lucky.

+ Reply to Thread