which chaos weapons do you find successful? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

which chaos weapons do you find successful?

I have a Beastlord running my BoC army. I'm about to play in a tournament this weekend, and am wondering if there is a better way to equip him then what I have now. I have exchanged my mutant monstrosity for 3 Dragon Ogres with armor and great weapons, so I have some str7 stuff in the army already.
    Right now he is equipped with
    armor of damnation, great weapon, horn of the beast hunt (+1to ambush), Gaze of the Gods (gives a 4+ward, but can turn him into a spawn)

Im a little worried about etherals (only a few magic weapons in the army) but am wondering if there are any better ways/weapons to equip him with.

I play undivided and like the Horn for ambushing but other than that I'm flexible. I would like some sort of regeneration or ward on him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I think you've got a decent weapon selection already. If you really want magic attacks, you might add a sword of might and a shield, (increasing the armor nicely also). Or you could just add a shield, and then have the option of going gt wpn, or hand weapon and sheild (for the parry) in CC. But I think the configuration you've got is decent.

Just watch out, beasts can't use either talismans or enchanted items, and I always forget which is which. I've gotten zapped on my item selection a few times, so make sure you've got the right one or the Gaze might get you in trouble.

-Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beasts cant take enchanted item, which makes me sad because I would love to take the helm of many eyes...

Anyways, your lord has almost the exact same build as mine. I also wanted to have a magical item on him to deal with etheral or demons so thus I equipped him with the slaughter blade because I also wanted the use of a gw. Its not the most extremely helpful weapon but if you are looking for gw + magical it works.
    Armies: Dark Eldar, Ogre Kingdoms, Beasts of Chaos, Orcs & Goblins, Warriors of Chaos
    Past Armies: Dwarfs, Mortal Chaos, Imperial Guard, Space Marine

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I was going to test drive the Rending sword tonight - I dropped the horn of the great hunt and added the crown of horns. I added another herd to ambush as well. We'll see how it goes.
    I find that the chaos choices are really expensive and not that great. Or they are pretty cool, but eat up all your points. I wish they had more middle of the road stuff. None of the Beasts can get decent protection, there are only 2 ward saves in both books (not counting the worthless 6+talisman). I know it doesn't mean much when you start out with 1+armor save, but the beasts can get a 3+at best. They live in a magical forest, they ought to get some magical protection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats why I dont like that we cant take enchanted items. I really dont understand why they decided they wont allow beasts to.
    Armies: Dark Eldar, Ogre Kingdoms, Beasts of Chaos, Orcs & Goblins, Warriors of Chaos
    Past Armies: Dwarfs, Mortal Chaos, Imperial Guard, Space Marine

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

They decided that because otherwise beasts would get to choose from all their own magic items and all of Hoc magic items. Which in the long run means BoC would have had a massive selection compared to other armies though its still quite big as it is. nNo doubt you'd get people complaining about not being able to choose items from another section of HoC magic items if Beasts could take Enchanted items instead. As the idea of beasts enchanting items was probably the least believable of each of the sections in the HoC list it must have just come down to a simple comprimise of backgrounds.

Can't have everything I'm affraid.

+ Reply to Thread