For sometime now I have fretted over my choice for a second army. I wanted to stay away from mutants & aliens (I guess that I am, after all, an Inquisitor at heart!) I have finally decided and now simply need the money to begin. The first time that I saw the Vostroyan Firstborn I was stunned. I love a good costume party, anyway, and have been in and out of characters most of my life so I felt right at home looking at these sci-fi cossacks. And I love the fluff. I grew up across the river from a factory town and suffered the fumes and the polluted water and can somewhat relate to the forge world scenario. But here's the deal. . .The whole 'first born son' thing stuck in my throat. The omission of women didn't sit well with me. I recall reading (somewhere) that though many of the Battle Sisters are orphans left at the Schola, some are actually placed there by families. So, why not placed there occasionally by a Vostroyan family? And what if, in time, representatives of the Techtriarchs approached the Synod requesting an Order of Sisters for Vostroya? The request, of course, would be denied. Not due to the planets great sin during the Horus Heresy but due to their on-going devotion to the Deus Mechanicus. However, certain members of the Synod would see an opportunity here to strike a significant blow for the Emperoro if they could convert an entire Forge World without firing a shot and enlisting an entire Order of the Adepta Sororitas. So, Vostroya is required to publicly renounce the 'Machine God' and is granted their Charter. And, because they are still repenting for sundry sins, the order is named: 'The Order of the Penitent Heart' I don't care for the Vostroyan's red color scheme (The British Are Coming!) and so I am going to experiment with purple, both for the Firstborn and the Sisters. As well, I hate the fact that the only vehicles available are the standard I.G. tanks, trucks, etc. It seems to me that if every worker on Vostroya must spend one hour for every ten working hours preparing guns for the Firstborn, and that they make these guns not only efficient but elegant, then some equally unique vehicles should be rolling off the line any time now (Did ya hear that, GW? How 'bout you guys at Forge World? What does your Deus Mechanicus say, eh?)

More...