2000 mounted w/ skirmishers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 mounted w/ skirmishers

I am trying to figure out what to collect after my Lizards... So I thought I'd take a shot at the much hated Brets. I really like pegasus knights, they look hip, just couldn't make sense of adding them. Are 2 units of peasant bowmen worth taking? Considering the rest of the list just rides off in the distance...

So I suppose you could call it a mounted theme. If I do take peasant bowmen, I most definitely make them skirmishers. I do love my skinks. Could questing knights be worthwhile as shock troops in this sort of list? Please help me with how to equip my characters.

Lord sword of heroes armor of agilulf holy icon

paladin warbanner/BSB virtue of duty

paladin morning star of fracasse shield

damsel 2x dispell scroll warhorse

KOTR 9 full comand

KOTR 9 full comand

KOTR 8 full comand

KOTR 8 full comand

KOTR 8 full comand

Peasant Bowmen 14 musician skirmishers

Peasant Bowmen 14 musician skirmishers

Mounted Yomen 6 musician

Yeah, yeah, only 1 scroll caddy...

So what do you think? Will my buddies hate me for it?

Thanks for the read=).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. You can only have 1 unit of skirmishing archers. You'll need to change the other one!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Bret lists only tend to be truly hated when you bring the RAF to the field (Mass Pegasi)

Its quite common to see an all mounted list, wioth one unit of skirmishing bowmen in there too. They add just that little bit extra tactically.

Id say on your scroll caddy, swap out one scroll for the Chalice of Malfleur, 1 dice per phase is worth more than 1 scroll per game. DOnt forget Brets can take 1 more character than other armies, so you could always get a second scroill caddy in there.

Drop one of the KotR units for a Errant unit with their banner. Also create room in a KotR unit for the damsel to go in, adding Magic Resistance to the unit.

Yeomen are also another quite common unit addition, these can work well for you.

Note the Paladin with morning star cant use his shield. You may want to look at rearranging some of the characters wargear too, especially the lord. Possibly drop the Lord for a paladin + damsel.

Overall, good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

The Morning Star of Fracasse can be used in conjunction with a shield as it is only a 1 handed weapon. I realize that it gives +2 to strength like a flail, but I consider this to be a part of its magical properties. It also doesn't state anywhere in the weapons rules that it "counts as a flail" so you have to go by what the name of the weapon says it is. (unless gw has released a faq about this weapon, and in that case please show me the way to it :C)

I think the list is good, however I agree with Deceiver that you should drop some KotR for Knights Errant with the Errantry Banner. I would also consider trying to make some room for Grail Knights (they really are nice with their extra WS, strength, and ItP) The only units of knights in our army that have a chance of winning a combat beyond the turn they charge.

Also as Deceiver said, you can only have one unit of Peasant Bowmen Skirmish
    "I am the architect of fate!"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Oops yes sorry my mistake, ignore my Morning Star/ Shield comment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I love the Bret forums! Thanks for the quick replies. So, is it safe to safe questing knights aren't worth the trouble?

Grail knights are the big boy in the army, eh?

I like the idea of swapping a KOTR unit for a Knights Errant unit. Banner seems indispensable here. Do you folks find these guys need to play back more and maybe position themselves for a charge a turn or so after KOTR units?

I think I will fiddle around with some points and different hero choices, before I commit any setups regarding them.

I want to get a Core that looks like this....

KOTR 8 full command

KOTR 8 full command

KOTR 8 full command

Knights Errant 9 full command errantry banner

Peasant Bowmen 12 musician skirmishers

If I shoot for that I should be able to make room for a full (9) Grail Knights. This will keep my mounted numbers very similar.

I think I should be equipping my heroes for beatdown, they are the heavy hitters. The ones that will win the protracted fights. Any advice on making cheap and killy paladins?

thanks a ton for your input so far, very much appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Wow, I love the Bret forums! Thanks for the quick replies. So, is it safe to safe questing knights aren't worth the trouble?
    Some people find questing knights to not be worth it (ever since the GW on a mounted character nerf) and some like them. I personally think of them this way, they hit just as hard as KotR and keep hitting that hard after the turn they charge. They also get to reroll psych tests. Normally I would stick with Knights Errant or KotR, but against fear causing armies these guys are awesome.

Peasant Bowmen 12 musician skirmishers
    I would consider bumping this unit up a bit, maybe to 16

If I shoot for that I should be able to make room for a full (9) Grail Knights. This will keep my mounted numbers very similar.
    I find 6 Grail knights to be good enough for anything I want to throw them at (5 if I get the Grail Vow on a paladin and add him to it) Maybe you could find enough points to get some Pegasus Knights (my most favorite unit in the Bret army book).
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread