2250 All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2250 All Comers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 All Comers

EDIT: Some points costs removed due to GW Copyright. - Spector

Lord on Hippogryph 413pts
    Virtue of Confidence
    Gauntlet of the Duel
    Grail Shield
    Morning Star of Fracasse
    Grail Vow

Paladin on foot (BS 105pts
    Virtue of Empathy (Double Point Cost)
    War Banner

Paladin on foot 92pts
    Virtue of Empathy
    Sword of Might
    Shield

Damsel on foot 105pts
    Ruby Goblet

Knights of the Realm x6

Knights of the Realm x6

Knights of the Realm x6

Knights of the Realm x6

Knights of the Realm x6

Knights of the Realm x6

Men at Arms x40 227pts
    Full Command
    (BSB and Damsel and Paladin go here)

Men at Arms x10 55pts
    Musician
    Men at Arms x10 55pts
    Musician
    Men at Arms x10 55pts
    Musician
    Men at Arms x10 55pts
    Musician

Bowmen(Skirmishers) x 30 215pts
    Braziers

Total Points: 2241

My thoughts on my list:
    Lord on Hippo is tooled out for character hunting, he has awesome mobility, terror causing mount, cant be refused a challenge and will reroll all hits and wounds, plus have a 4+ ward save.
    The lynchpin of the army is the large Men at Arms block. With BSB, WB,and FC they will have a static CR of 6(usually 7 for outnumber). I plan on running them 7 wide to make sure I can get as many hits in a spossible. The pally should help with the CR by adding a couple wounds per round. With LD 8 and re roll for BSB the unsit should be a rock.
    The 10 man Men at Arms units are for charge blocking on the flanks. They will bascally move out ahead and flee if charged hopefully stranding enemy unit inthe open. Gave them musician to help rally.
    The KotR units are for flankg whatever the Men at Arms block is fighting or flanking the units that get stuck in the open from the fleeing men at arms. Also the knowght will help the men at arms rally.
    The damsel has the goblet to help keep the Men at Arms alive by making it harder to wound them as well as trying to get off bears anger against another light magic army. She also provides MR 1 to that unit.
    The skirmishing bowmen are there to protect a flank and to shoot the crap out of whatever they can

Im used to playing all cav only recently have i tried to branch out and this is my first real attempt at a balanced army. Im sure it needs lots of work but thats what im here posting it

Any comments/suggestion/criticism welcome

Thanks

-Rob

Last edited by Spector; March 31st, 2008 at 05:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Okay lets take a look.

- First off concerning the Lord. Swap the Morning Star for the Lance of Artois. Killing Blow will serve you better than destroying magic weapons.

- For you Knights of the Realm units. I'm not really a fan of running blocks of 6 Knights. Lance Formation gives Bretonnia the advantage of getting ranked up Knights much cheaper than other armies. Running units like this, you might as well be playing Empire. It really takes away from the advantage we have imo. Instead of running 6 units of 6, you could run 4 of 9 Knights with Full Command and do much better imo.

- The unit of 40 M@A is a waste. 25 is really the largest unit that you would ever really need. All 40 does is give your opponents more VP if/when the unit gets run down. Also, it creates a pretty hefty flank for you to defend.

- The units of 10 M@A are pretty pointless imo. They will not survive a charge in combat, and even if they do get the charge, likely won't do anything. If you want a unit for baiting charges, Mounted Yeomen will serve you much, much better.

I think your Lord is a risk at this point level. He's the only thing in your army that would worry people right off the bat, and almost all of your opponents shooting and magic is going to be directed at him early. I'd suggest mounting him up on a steed and giving him to a KotR unit for some much needed hitting power.

You lack a real hammer unit in your army. I'd suggest finding a way to get a 9 man unit of Knights Errant with Full Command and the Erranty Banner in your army.

Pegasus Knights are amazing units. They would compliment your Hippo nicely.

Having 3 of your 4 characters in a unit of M@A is a bit risky. If you have a bad round of combat, you've just lost a good chunk of VP.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Pretty much agree with Spector.

Have units of 9 KotR (less with Characters included for a total of 9) Give them Full Command. Also definitely look at 9 Errantry with FC and their magic banner.

M@A should be 20 or 25, unit size 40 / 10 are wasted / useless respectively. Give them Banner and Music, possibly Champ if you like.

Music and banner on the Bow Skirms possibly.

Make your Damsel more anti magical, with a Scroll and the Chalice. Have her in a Knight unit aswell, to grant Mag Res to them.

+ Reply to Thread