2000 pts, VS Vamp Counts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts, VS Vamp Counts

259- Brettonian Lord, Sword of Might, Barded Horse, Grail Vow, Grail Shield, Gauntlet of the Duel, Virtue of Confidence

231 Paladin w/ standard of the lady, Shield, lance, Grail Vow, Virtue ofduty, warhorse, hand weapon.
    120 Damsel with 2 DS
    110 Damsel with DS, Chalice of Malfleur

265 9 Knights of the realm, FC, Warbanner
    240 9 Knights of the realm, FC
    201 9 Knight Errants, FC, Errantry Standard
    385 9 Questing Knights, FC, Valorous Standard
    75 5 Mounted Yeomen
    372 9 Grail Knights, Full Command

Lord with Questing Knights, Go after Vamp Generals unit (Mob of skellies/grave gaurd)
    Yeomen on far flank, bait his flankers, charge their flank with the Knight Errants
    Warbanner Knights (with Paladin...static combat Res of 4 plus ranks, so 6 to start) next to General on the side opposite the flankers. Other Knights of the realm held back to charge the flank of whatever charges the flank of the Warbanner Knights.

Eh?

Last edited by Chain Templar; May 1st, 2008 at 01:04.
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I'd go with the Lance of Artois on your Lord over the Sword of Might. Killing Blow will serve you very well versus Vampire Count characters. Outside of that the list looks like it might work. Not very many units for you though, so getting bogged down in combat will still be an issue for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id take the sword of heroes (whichever one adds one strength and does D3 wounds to T5) but thatd put me at 105 for gear.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The BSB cant have a (mundane) Lance or Shield.

Many Errants may be good, ItP on the Charge.

Skirming bowmen maybe? The VC can have a few annoying units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though he has a magic Banner?

Hail, Lords of Brettonia! A crushing defeat was dealt to the Vamoire Counts!!!

He set up (left to right) Black Knights and Varghulf (on a hill), 10 Skellies with vamp, 20 Gravegaurd with Vamp Lord, 10 Skellies with Vamp, 2 Corpse Carts and 10 more skellies behind that.

Bret Turn 1- Everyone move forward 16". No magic, no shooting

VC Turn 1- He marches everyone forward except the varghulf and Knights. Hes about 8 inches from me now. Tries to cast Dance with everyone. Gets a bad roll or two, I dispel the rest, and his Bound spells. NO MAGIC THIS TURN

Bret Turn 2- Declare charges with everyone except the Yeomen. Yeomen shoot AND KILL a black KNight. Knight errants and knights of the realm with Warbanner and pally charge 10 skellies and vamp on the left. He issues a challenge, I accept with the Knight Errant Gallant.Lose, but he doesnt get an overkill. I lose none, and win combat by 7, killing the remaining skellies and the vamp. Knight errants pursue 5". Knights of the realm pursue 9", getting into contact with a corpsecart. Fails one save, I take no wounds. He loses combat by 7, (2 Rank, 2 Warbanner, 1 Wound, 1 BSB, 1 Virtue of Duty) Fails a few saves, it dies. Generals Unit of Questing Knights hits the center of his generals unit, knigts of the realm hit the end of it, and the end of another unit of skellies which are ALSO charged by Grail Knights. My Lord issues a challenge, he accepts with a champion. I get an overkill of 3. I lose 2 Knights to his Vamp. So far I have a res of 9 to his 7. Knightsof the realm do their attacks...brings it up to 13-7...Grail Knights do their attacks....bringing it up to 20-7. I win...badly...grail knights charge through and hit a unti of ten skellies, kill 6, win combat by 9 (6 kill, 2 rank, 1 outnumber). Generals unit charges through and gets a corpse cart, kills it. All he has is a varghulf and black knights (nothing to laugh at, I know) and He conceded.
    Last edited by Chain Templar; May 2nd, 2008 at 23:34. Reason: Forgot Question

+ Reply to Thread