2000 points friendly beginner list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points friendly beginner list

Hi people,
    I haven't played WHFB for several years, but am hoping to start running an army in the near future, and Bretonnia is currently one of my favored choices. This is my draft army list and any suggestions or comments are highly appreciated! It is supposed to be rather generic, so not targeted against any specific enemy.
    Thanks!

1 Bretonnian Lord
    Virtue of the Joust, Knight's Vow The Heartwood Lance, Gromril Great Helm, barded warhorse, shield

1 Paladin (BSB )
    Virtue of Duty, Knight's Vow, barded warhorse, Banner of Defense

1 Damsel of the Lady
    Dispel Scroll, Chalice of Malfeur, warhorse

1 Damsel of the Lady
    2xDispel Scrolls, warhorse

8 Knights of the Realm (goes w. the Lord)
    Full command

8 Knights of the Realm (goes w. the BSB )
    Full command

5 Knights of the Realm (goes w. first Lady)
    Full command

10 Peasant Bowmen
    Musician, skirmishers, braziers

10 Peasant Bowmen
    Musician, braziers

5 Mounted Yeomen
    Musician, shields

5 Mounted Yeomen
    Musician, shields

3 Pegasus Knights
    Gallant, Musician

5 Grail Knights (goes w. second Lady)
    Full command, Warbanner

Field Trebuchet
    Yeoman Craftsman

Total cost: 1999

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it but unless your playing armies with lots of regen or that are flamable the brazers for your bowmen are unneeded. That will save you 40 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to say it looks like a pretty good list, but I've noticed that sometimes it's a good choice to use Knights Errants over Knights of the Realm, just because they're slightly cheaper and only have 1 less WS. Other than that, this seems like a pretty interesting list, so tell us how you do when you use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullmunk View Post
    I like it but unless your playing armies with lots of regen or that are flamable the brazers for your bowmen are unneeded. That will save you 40 points.
    Braziers are only 5 points a unit...they are worth it in almost every instance, especially if you're making an all comers list.

The list looks great. The only waste of points in my opinion is the Banner of Defense. It doesn't come into play in nearly enough cases for it to be worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

I like the big lance units of nine but tactical it makes more sense to go with the smaller units of six. It just gives you more flexiable and gives you more choices. The peasants are great because if they run no one pays attention to them. Thier stone thrower will get you to guessing ranges very good. Now this is not my style of play as I am a more like 5 charges and a cloud of dust. But back to your list.

Archers are not great but as skirmishers they can be a pain in your opponents neck or whatever.

Our magic phase is pretty weak. But the dispell scrolls should allow you to get into combat which is where we belong.

There is nothing wrong with your heroes. I have a unit of grail knights which are just a steam roller. A couple of weeks ago I say a group charge 4 daemon jag. and just keep on going. Yes they lost thier lord to a challenge but that was it.

Hope you have fun with them.

+ Reply to Thread