All mounted 1k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

All mounted 1k list

Here's my first go at a Bretonnia list!

3x 5 Knights of the Realm- FC, Banner of Chalons (my friends usually respond to charges with shooting! Skinks and outriders are pissing me off!)

3 Pegasus Knights

1 Paladin- lance, enchanted sheild, Virtue of nightly temper, barded warhorse.

1 Paladin (standard)- barded warhorse, Morning star of Fracasse

1 Damsel of the Lady- lvl 2, barded warhorse, Dispel scroll

998 points altogether! What do you think! I just can't stand the faces of the Errant Knights! Knights of the Realm are so much cooler too! (less stupid, don't run in hastily)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by althealchemist View Post
    Here's my first go at a Bretonnia list!

3x 5 Knights of the Realm- FC, Banner of Chalons (my friends usually respond to charges with shooting! Skinks and outriders are pissing me off!)

You can only have one of any magic item, so only one unit can have the Banner of Chalons.

3 Pegasus Knights

Personally, I would drop these at this points level and add some bowmen and MAA, just my preference, a lot of people run all cavalry lists. I prefer some versatility. At the moment you have no shooting and very little static combat res.

1 Paladin- lance, enchanted sheild, Virtue of nightly temper, barded warhorse.

Good build.

1 Paladin (standard)- barded warhorse, Morning star of Fracasse

I think the Morning Star of Fracasse might be wasted at this points level too. Will the enemy really be having an epic weapon you need disposing of? Also, presumably you will do so in a challenge which you have limited defense to.

1 Damsel of the Lady- lvl 2, barded warhorse, Dispel scroll

Lvl 1 should be fine...you won't really be casting much magic usually. Up to you if you want to give it a go though.

998 points altogether! What do you think! I just can't stand the faces of the Errant Knights! Knights of the Realm are so much cooler too! (less stupid, don't run in hastily)

Agreed Realm are cooler...but Errant are extremely useful against fear causers and with the Errantry Banner have more S on the charge than Realm making them even better for chucking at big scary things!
    Lists looks pretty solid though.
    Good luck!

547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Well, as for shooting, I use shooty dwarf and TK armies so I like the idea of a very Close combat based army! I guess I'll have to work out a few things with this list, but my opponents tend not to have very many fear causing units. I want a lvl 2 wizard though because my usual opponents always have lots of wizards. I guess I could use some MAA but pegasus knights are important for getting rid of war machines, if I'm facing empire. One of my friends is switching from chaos to empire and the other has empire as a second army so I think I'll need the pegasus knights. Depending on the opponent I may switch in some Errant knights if they have a stegadon for instance. I'll get rid of the morning star of fracase though. I'll get rid of the Morning star, a couple of banners, and I'll add in either some peasant bowmen or some Men at Arms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

It's a pretty good list, but I agree about wanting Errantry Knights at this level. You may see Stegadons and Hydra, so they're nice to have, especially with the Errantry Banner. I'm not sure what a level 2 damsel does for you in terms of magic defence, but if you drop her down you can pick up the ever excellent Chalice of Malfleur for good D or another dispel scroll.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't get any more dispel dice for being a LVL 2 so it's pointless for defense. Like Tekore said, take another scroll or chalice instead.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pegasus Knights! But at this points level it's quite a big chunk just for three guys who can get shot down very quickly if you can't find cover well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

comment

I like your list although as stated earlier you can only have that good banner on one unit. That is a real shame but it is the rules.

I have been playing in an escalation league and we are at the 1000 point level. I am using 2 groups of archers one behind stakes and one as skirmishers.

My 2250 point list has no foot soldiers at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'm getting rid of the two banners, the pegasus knights, the morning star of fraccanse, and the upgrade to the damsel in favor of

-20 Men at Ams (these guys have no command or anything, I'll just use them for flank charges and for cannon fodder.

-16 peasant bowmen (once again no command, I don't see the use for them on bowmen)

-Either the chalice or another dispel scroll for my now lvl 1 damsel

-And a war banner for my paladin standard bearer. (I think I'll want the +1 combat res)

How about now! Do you think I should use the chalice or another dispel scroll though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chalice - extremely useful extra disel dice every turn...but if it fails you automatically give away half points for your damsel
    Scroll - one use, auto dispel...

Your choice really. Probably depends on whom you're fighting.
    Warbanner is a really good idea.

Peasants as you intend to use them don't need command so that's fine.

I think it's a much more balanced list now =)

+ Reply to Thread