2000 pts Pegasus army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Pegasus army

Hey. I would really like to know what you guys think of my new pegasus army. Its my first Bretonnia army, but i have played WHFB for over 7 years, with other armies, so im not entirely new to the game. If you have time please comment on this post. PS. the army hasn't been tested yet

LORD
    Jean de Parravon (Lord) 256
    General, KV, pegasus, lance, Arm of Agilwulf, Mane of the purebreed, V of Knight temper.

HERO
    Lambard le Fidèle (paladin) 124
    BSB, KV, WH, SoM, V of Duty

Geoffrey le Bien-Aimé (paladin) 120
    On foot, Questing V, Morningstar, Ruby Goblet, Enchanted shield, V of Empathy.

La Demoiselle (Damsel) 150
    Lvl 2 Life, Chalice, scroll

CORE
    20 Peasant Bowmen 145
    Mus, LH, STAKES
    w. La Demoiselle

20 Peasant Bowmen 145
    Mus, LH, STAKES
    w. Geoffrey le Bien-Aimé

15 Men-at-arms 90
    STB, Mus

15 Men-at-arms 90
    STB, Mus

Knights o t Realm 169
    STB, Mus, War-b
    w. Lambard le Fidèle

SPECIAL
    4 Pegasus Knight 250
    STB, Mus

3 Pegasus Knight 195
    STB, Mus
    w. Jean de Parravon

5 Mounted Yeomen 87
    Mus.

RARE
    2X Field Trebuchet 90 each

Total 1996 pt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the first thing I noticed: Mane of Purebreed is for characters on a warhorse only. It would be pointless on him anyway, as he can't join a unit and it's a one use item.

I'll comment on the rest of the list later!

Cheers!

Yeah so...he can't join that unit. Also, you haven't really made much use of having him on the pegasus as far as removing the 0-1 restriction goes...I mean you only added one more unit of PK so it seems rather pointless.

I'm not really following the QV paladin with the bowmen either...I mean the bowmen can't move without losing the stakes, so the MAA are going to be out of his Ld range anyway. The ruby goblet on peasant bowmen also...I don't see the point.

Your BSB is solid.

The damsel won't be casting anything so you may as well be lvl 1 and spend the points elsewhere.

The MAA you'll probably want to be bigger. At least 3 ranks, plus a few extras.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Lemonchild; May 10th, 2009 at 01:42.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by darogg View Post
    LORD
    Jean de Parravon (Lord) 256
    General, KV, pegasus, lance, Arm of Agilwulf, Mane of the purebreed, V of Knight temper.
    Pegasus is already str4 and as was mentioned, he can't join any of the units anyway, so it's a waste.
    HERO
    Lambard le Fidèle (paladin) 124
    BSB, KV, WH, SoM, V of Duty

Geoffrey le Bien-Aimé (paladin) 120
    On foot, Questing V, Morningstar, Ruby Goblet, Enchanted shield, V of Empathy.
    interesting idea, that I have tried to fill myself on many occasions, but I just don't see the morning star and shield working. I'd keep the great sword and take the insignia of the quest. Then you could add the curaiss of fortune or something to that effect.
    La Demoiselle (Damsel) 150
    Lvl 2 Life, Chalice, scroll
    I think the lvl2 is wasted. You've only got 4 dice which is less than most people have in dispel dice.

CORE
    20 Peasant Bowmen 145
    Mus, LH, STAKES
    w. La Demoiselle
    why are these so big? if you're going to include characters, perhaps they should have the full command. I would definately invest in skirmishing for one of these and maybe flaming attacks for one of the bowmen units.
    20 Peasant Bowmen 145
    Mus, LH, STAKES
    w. Geoffrey le Bien-Aimé

15 Men-at-arms 90
    STB, Mus
    not exactly sure what part these guys play
    15 Men-at-arms 90
    STB, Mus

Knights o t Realm 169
    STB, Mus, War-b
    w. Lambard le Fidèle

SPECIAL
    4 Pegasus Knight 250
    STB, Mus

3 Pegasus Knight 195
    STB, Mus
    w. Jean de Parravon characters on flying mounts may not join units, any units, so he's going to be on his own.

5 Mounted Yeomen 87
    Mus. shields would also help for not much more (or did you include them in points but not list them?)

RARE
    2X Field Trebuchet 90 each

Total 1996 pt
    just some thoughts. the list seems at odds with itself. You have some elements of stand around and shoot and then some really fast moving/flying elements, but nothing is really cohesive. You have these men@arms but they are not fully ranked and their potential seems wasted.

Just realized this - the questing vow doesn't affect the unit, so you could save points there unless you're going to army him with a great weapon
    Last edited by buckero0; May 11th, 2009 at 02:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh if its a "Pegasus army" shouldn't it have more Pegasuses?

+ Reply to Thread