2250 tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

2250 tournament list

This is my very first Fantasy List.

What I want is a list that is hard hitting, tournament competitive without being cheesy, and as few models as possible.

So here is the list:

Lord on Hippogryph
    Grail Vow
    Lance, Sheild
    Gromril Great Helm
    Mantle of Damsel Elena
    Virtue of Knightly Temper

Damsel of the Lady - lv2
    Warhorse
    barding
    Dispell scroll
    Dispell Scroll

Paladin
    BSB
    War Banner

Paladin
    Armor of the Midsummer Sun

Paladin
    Cuirass of Fortune
    Virtue of the Joust

Knights of the Realm - 5
    full command
    Lance, Shield

Knights of the Realm - 5
    full command
    Lance, Shield

Knights of the Realm - 5
    full command
    Lance, Shield

Knights of the Realm - 5
    full command
    Lance, Shield

Knights Errant - 6
    full command
    Errantry Banner

Knights Errant - 6
    full command
    Twilight Banner

Grail Knights - 5
    full command

Pegasus Knights - 3

Total: 2243

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

For the most part I like the list, it takes advantage of MSU quite well, which is good for brets as it makes the most of the fact we get a free champion per unit of knights. I do like having a couple of slightly bigger units for a bit more punch. Since most infantry are now 5 ranks wide and so bigger units, it takes a bit more from your knights to get that much needed combat res. Consider giving the BSB virtue of duty and then you can give Warbanner to another unit (or give both to him up to you.)

Lord on Hippogryph
    Grail Vow
    Lance, Sheild
    Gromril Great Helm
    Mantle of Damsel Elena
    Virtue of Knightly Temper

Ok, I like this. Am assuming the Mantle is to protect against killing blow, as poison isn't as big an issue for him and it doesn't pass to the hippo. generally a terror bomb to do as much damage as possible.

Damsel of the Lady - lv2
    Warhorse
    barding
    Dispell scroll
    Dispell Scroll

At this points your opponents are going to be throwing a fair amount of magic at u, especially with the currently popular armys like daemons and especially VC. They are easily going to be able to dispel what this one damsel can cast so there is no need for her to be lvl 2. I would have another damsel in for more magic resistance, dispel dice and general antimagiciness too. (also the barding I have never found to be worth the points, She should be protected by the big block of armoured knights surrounding her, whether she has a 5+ rather than 6+ armour save before her ward isn't going to make a huge difference.

Paladin
    BSB
    War Banner
    Again, consider the Virtue of duty, freeing up the warbanner for a unit of knights.

Paladin
    Armor of the Midsummer Sun
    Ok, assuming this guy is also has a lance and shield (cos he should) thats over 51 points. The armour of Agilulf will do nearly the same thing, (at WS 10 most things will be hitting you on 5+ in combat.) it doesn't protect you against shooting but if this guy is going to be in a unit then the shooting effect isn't going to come into effect. Agilulf also includes a shield, and so for 1 point less you can give him this and the lance of artois (or wyrmlance is good to)

Paladin
    Cuirass of Fortune
    Virtue of the Joust
    Again, I assume he has a lance otherwise virtue of joust is useless. on the whole a nice paladin build, rerolls on hits, and if lance on charge strength 6, so likely all failed wounds will reroll (will wound most things on 2+)

ON the whole a very knight heavy list, and not sure where each thing is going to fit. Twilight banner some people love but am not a fan. too situational. and is there a reason why its on errants, if you are going to pay for it would it not be better on the grail knights? more likely to do some damage if they do get that unexpected charge off!

BretLord

+ Reply to Thread