2250 Tourny list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Tourny list.

The Fey Enchantress 727 pts.
    Grail Guardians x4
    Full Command
    Paladin 119 pts.
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Warhorse
    Virtue of Discipline
    Gromril Great Helm
    Damsel of the Lady 130 pts.
    Warhorse
    The Silver Mirror
    Potion Sacre
    Damsel of the Lady 120 pts.
    Dispell Scroll x2
    Field Trebuchet 90 pts.
    Grail Knights x5 220 pts.
    Full Command
    Pegasus Knights x3 165 pts.
    Knights of the Relm x8 241 pts.
    Full Command
    War Banner
    Knights of the Relm x6 168 pts.
    Full Command
    Knights Errant x6 161 pts.
    Full Command
    Erranty Banner
    Peasant Bowmen x15 105 pts.
    Skirmish

I know it is magic heavy, but where I play there are 3 skaven, a VC, and a DE player out of only about 8 (including me.) Any advice would be great because I have only played WH for about 4 months and this is my first 2250 list. Also I lost half my army last game due to failing ld.8 tests so the immune the psychology with 2 units and a 3rd when charging will help that.

Post use message: Gave me the magic defense I was looking for but will never use again ha ha.

Last edited by Justicelord; December 1st, 2009 at 10:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not mean for the faces to appear nor did I mean for the long text in front, first post sorry.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

one Fey enchantress and 2 lvl 1 damsels with scrolls.
    I would not call it magic heavy, its a few casters, but not too many

With bretts it is quite difficult to get a solid magic defense especially against the armies you mentioned.

i have not seen Fey enchantress in lists before. For that bucketload of points she better do some serious good.
    Your short on cavalry units, probably because the lady is so friggin expensive...

for her points you could get
    a lvl 4 enchantress, a solid paladin hero and 2 or 3 small blocks of knights errant.

let us know if she kicks some booty ?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, when I say magic heave I mean magic heavy for brets. Looking at my list though I think I will give up the potion for a horse to give another unit of knights magic resistance. Yes, I am low on knights and yes that is from the enchantress, all things considered I do not think that she will earn her points back in any battle, however the 3 dispell dice I think her combination of damage and prevented damage will even out.

I don't have too many knights which will most likely be my downfall, but it comes back to if I take the ehcnatress out for a lord (whould never get the lady lord) then I have the chance of loosing those extra units to magic before I get there.

But thank you for your input, I will see how she works out, have never used her before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic Spammers

I play a Dark Elf player who loves magic. He usually has a Lvl 4, and 3 Lvl 2's (sometimes 2 if he wants a cauldron). That is after items... about 16PD a turn I have to deal with. The best way to minimize this is with a Lord with the Holy Icon, and 3 Damsels with 2 Dispel Scrolls a piece. You put one damsel in every block of 9 knights so she cant be target and use her Magic Resistance one to help out. Played a game against him a couple days ago where I actually won and only lost 3 or 4 knights to his magic. Fun game. Try it out sometime it sux sinking 700 points in a unit that probably wont achieve much.
    Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to lack of models to field anything else at 2250 I have used the enchantress more, and using her without the guardians I find much more useful. I will definitely consider something similar once I get more models, thanks for the advice. Though that is 530 points into just anti magic (130 for each mounted damsel and 50 for the icon.) With the enchantress alone she is 545 but allows you to put out magic offense as well. (though obviously here magic defense is not good enough for a 16 PD DE army by herself)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ds

Yes that Is a lot of points into anti-magic. Also realize though you are saving 24pts per knight for all 3 damsels (38 if in a group of grails) so it is 72 points saved or 86 if in a grail group. Also that MR1 on each unit is usually 15pts for most armies. I have toned it down though and usually run 2 Damsels and a Lord with the Holy Icon and I have found that as long as I kill one sorceress by the third turn 4 dispel scrolls last me just fine.
    Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you make very good points all which I agree with/have discovered sense writing this list. You make a good point when you say she saves points equal to the knight unit she is with.

+ Reply to Thread