Bretonnian Warhost 2000 Points Friendly - Need Advise/Tips on how to improve - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bretonnian Warhost 2000 Points Friendly - Need Advise/Tips on how to improve

Okay this list is a general Tournament armylist, look belooooooowwwww

General -

Bretonnian Lord : 294 pts
    w/ The Grail Vow, Virtue of Audacity, Sword of Heroes
    w/ The Grail Shield, Lance, Heavy Armour, Royal Pegasus

Note -> This guy will be useful in dispatching easily any lone monsters like giants etc. and I armed him in a way that he'll probably take them out in 1 turn or maximum 2. If they aren't present I'll use him as a hunter for any lone wizards the enemy might deploy against me.

Unit 1 -

Paladin ( Battle Standard Bearer ) : 124 pts
    w/ Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour
    w/ Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Duty
    w/ Sword of Might

8 Knights of the Realm : 241 pts
    w/ Lances, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour, Shields
    w/ Barded Bretonnian Warhorses, Full Command Group
    w/ War Banner

Note - > My ultimate unit breaker. With a nice +6 combat resolution as it is, and support from the smaller knight units it will easily break units in combat.

Unit 2 -

Paladin : 126 pts
    w/ Lance, Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield
    w/ Heavy Armour, Gromril Great Helm
    w/ Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

11 Knights Errant : 261 pts
    w/ Lances, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour, Shields
    w/ Barded Bretonnian Warhorses, Full Command Group
    w/ Errantry Banner

Note -> This unit is especially made for any fear causing monstrosities like trolls and the like..skells etc.

Unit 3 -

5 Knights of the Realm : 120 pts
    w/ Lances, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour, Shields, Barded Bretonnian Warhorses

Note - > This unit will be used as a flank charging unit.

Unit 4 -

5 Knights of the Realm : 120 pts

Note - > This unit will be used as a flank charging unit.

Unit 5 -

3 Pegasus Knights : 165 pts
    w/ Lances, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour, Shields, Pegasi

Note - > These guys will go round in hunt of war machines, lone wizards and hopefully any rear charges I can get.

Unit 6 -

Damsel of the Lady : 134 pts
    w/ 2 Dispel Scrolls, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

6 Grail Knights : 228 pts

Note - > Damsel for some early magic defense. Not much but I am not a magic fan haha, grail knights will be used as a flank charging unit or to take out small units.

Unit 7 -

6 Mounted Yeomen : 90 pts
    w/ Hand Weapons, Spears, Bows, Horses

Note - > Protect flanks of knights or simply as baits

Unit 8 -

6 Mounted Yeomen : 90 pts
    w/ Hand Weapons, Spears, Bows, Horses

Note - > Protect flanks of knights or simply as baits

TOTAL - > 1995 Points

... so what do you think ? The list is 100% legal as far as I am concerned. I just need feedback on how effective it an be ?

Last edited by miawmiaw1; March 7th, 2010 at 18:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks pretty good. You do have sword of might in there twice. And if you want a real Unit breaker swap the role of your KotR with your Grail knights. They hit harder, harder to hit and/or kill. KotR are great flank protectors for Grails. IMO.

Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks985 View Post
    It looks pretty good. You do have sword of might in there twice. And if you want a real Unit breaker swap the role of your KotR with your Grail knights. They hit harder, harder to hit and/or kill. KotR are great flank protectors for Grails. IMO.

Good Luck.
    ill fix the regular paladin with an enchanted shield and use those 10 pts elsewhere then.

i didnt put the bsb with my grail knights coz i know if i do the enemy will shoot all its gun sat them and tear them to shreds before they can hit the enemy thats why, understand ?
    grail knights do attract attention imo .. that was the reasoning behind it. in a way the grail knights will still be used as a breaker but im trying to veer the enemy's attention elsewhere..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand your point and I agree with you. I have tried using KotR in that manner and roughly 33% of the time they fail their fear/terror test and don't charge at a critical time. Pyschology is one of the knights weakness that are stack in your favor but when you need it the most, that's when they fail.

Last tournament I played, I used a Paladin w, V. Heroism. Last round, had a clean charge on a engine of the gods, failed Ld. That unit got flanked and wiped. I now put that pally in a unit of Errants.My suggestion was if you want to call it a unit breaker, make it one with no flaws. Yeah, they are going to be targets. Mine get shot at all the time, but I position other units to threaten those who fire on my grail unit and make opponent rethink risk/gain tactic.

The beauty of this game is the different variations of the same army. I've seen an 'All" peasent list with a hammer and sickle theme, very cool. Lizardmen who don't have anymore than 5 models in any of the unit. I wish you luck and happy hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot for your feedback mate ! I'll be improving this list and fixing it here and there.

+ Reply to Thread