<3000 Need a little Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a little Advice

I am a WoC player mainly, of which I field a 4k Khornate army.

However I would like to mix it up a little and play with my old Bret 2k army. The thing about this however is my old list is majorly out of date and I'm not sure what now works best in 8th Ed for the Brettonians.

(I would appreciated it if you could tell me what to keep hold of/ what to drop/ what to add) Sort of Like E.G

Unit: KoR
    Equip: Lance, shields
    Amount: 9 in a 3x3 formation

What I currently own and want to add too. Money is not a problem(kinda) so what ever beardy idea you have let me know ;]

Lord/Hero's

Lord on Hypogryph
    + I know the mount is a little expensive but I just love the model.

2 Paladins on Warhorses.

1 Damsel on Foot 1 Damsel on horse.

Core

Around 18-20 KotR

1 box of Men-at-Arms

2 boxes of Peasant archers

Special & Rare

4 Pegasus Knights

9-10 Grail Knights

1 Trebuchet

Grail Reliquae with an additional 6 pilgrims.

Army doesn't *have to include any of the model above so go nuts.

Thank You!!!

Vearak

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Your list is pretty close to mine and I am still play testing with 8th, but this is what I have found in no particular order:

1. Maybe another Treb - I love having 2 trebuchets and in some games they are great and others it is a total waste, since after the first couple of turns they don't have anything to shoot at when everything is in combat. They are cheap points for what they can do, so you might try a proxy to add another before you buy another.
    2. The Lord on Hippogriph ends up being a lone huge target that usually gets taken out. I prefer to spend the points elsewhere. However, that being said, I love the model, too and having one as a centerpiece to the army!
    3. Think about breaking up some of the Knight units into smaller 3x2 units to charge flanks or double up charges with larger lances. They don't need a standard bearer - just the musician and the free champion.
    4. The GR looks great to me. I run mine with the same number. Some will say you need more pilgrims, but it is enough to tarpit most units for at least two turns and that is enough time to get a flank with your knights. Just don't slam it into something that can kill 25 guys in a turn. Their decent armour save and blessing can help keep them around, though.
    5. You may need a lot more M @As to have another tarpit/steadfast unit. They are cheap, but be sure to always keep them close to the knights for leadership.

What I have found is when you keep your units to nearly the same point cost your opponent will have a lot of trouble deciding what to magic/shoot. Usually, they will spend some effort going after the largest block on the board, i.e. M @As, because it looks scary and that is exactly what you want them to do.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for the comments... Hopefully I will come up with a list soon now that I have found my army book!

+ Reply to Thread