Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay first of all, thanks for reading this. Now i plan to purchase this army by buying the battallion box + knights of the realm box + damsel set
Bret. Lord mounted on Royal pegasus.
Grail Vow, Lance and shield.
Virtue of the Joust
Gauntlet of the Duel
Paladin (bsb): 107 *Converted out of 1 realm knight and men at arm pieces*
Virtue of Empathy
Armor of Agilulf
Shrieking Blade (from the 8th rulebook)
*Goes in Men At Arms*
Lvl2, Mounted with Barding,
The Silver Mirror
*will ride in the KoTR)
8 w/ Full command
Conquorers Tapestry Or War Banner
6 w/ Full Command
Men at Arms: 122
19 w/ Full Command
Peasent Bowmen: 137
16 w/ Full command
Now my questions
1) Can a Bret. lord on a Royal Pegasus join a unit of Pegasus knights?
2)On my Paladin will the Shrieking Blade, which makes the bearer cause fear, Make the entire men at arms unit he is in cause fear?
3) Considering what im purchasing, as I think this is about the cheapest i can get an army together for, What should I purchas next?
I was considering a second Battallion box for the extra knights and to make the men at arms horde for the new 8th edition rules. And maybe a trebuchet, a unit of peg. knights to ride with the general (if they can do so).
Thanks for the advice.
Army looks good, but a few add/subtract I recommend.
1. You have some duplicite items; shield/AofA (comes with a shield, no need to add one), lance/wyrmlance. you dont need the mundane to have the magicial ones.
2. Drop the barding for the damsel, no need, she should stay in the middle of the unit so she should need extra armor.
3. Drop the command and Lt Armor of the bowmen, wasted points. Command won't help them stay if they get into a fight, not much anyway.
I understand that those pys were added because you have the models but you could proxy if your opponents will let you.
Lords/Heros on Pegs can join units but not PK's, states in BRB. But they can get 'look out, sir' if close enough per 8th ed.
The BSB with fear effects any models that he attacks or attacks him, I believe. The effect does not transfer to the unit. But I believe there is a few loop holes there. Just not sure which ones.
Trebuchets are some of the best warmachines in the game, point for point. And with the lates news of Brets no being updated til 2014, trebs will stay that powerful til then. PK's are a useful tool as well. They are the most versitle unit this army has.
However you decide to build your army, remember, sound tactics always beat superior army builds. Play smart and you'll do fine.
1. dropping the duplicate points is a good advice. i learned something today thanks.
2. the barding for the damsel is only 4 more points and i plan on making her fluff wise the generals wifey/lover person so the barding will tie them in nicely with modeling.
3. i may end up taking that advice. on dropping the light armor, and the command, although not sure at the moment.
but another question. with the freed up points. do you have any recremendations for hero/lord builds? will what I have work? and is there better?
A lord caster is more powerful then a combat lord in the eyes of your opponent. Even a Lv 3 with Lore of Life can really change the game for anyone. All though its only a low pts game, she would still be very useful.
Last edited by sirkently; November 6th, 2011 at 17:06.