[List] 2000 Point Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[List] 2000 Point Knights

Hey I haven't had much time to play test an army and with as expensive as the miniatures are getting I can't pick up as much options for my army as I would like. So I thought I would try my list out here and see what the experts think.

One rules thing I wasn't sure about. Does Virutes count toward your magic item cost or is it independant?

Bretonnian Lord
    Barded Warhorse, Sword of Heroes, Virtue of Audacity, Sirienne's Locket, Shield
    - This guys is designed to take out big guys like dragons and giants.

Paladin (BS
    Royal Pegasus, Banner of Chalons, Virtue of Noble Disdain
    - Warmachine and archer hunter

2 x Damsels
    Warhorse, 1 Dispell Scroll each

2 x 10 Peasant Bowman

2 x 8 Knights of the Realm w/full command

8 Knights errant w/full command and errantry banner

6 Questing Knights [Damsel] w/full command

6 Grail Knights [Damsel] w/full command & warbanner

3 Pegasus Knights w/ Gallant [BSB]

Its kind of designed to be heavy on the knights. I don't really like the bowmen. I more or less have them there right now because they are the only models I have painted so far I have an alternate list where I drop them and add a paldin duelist with Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel, and Lance of Artois. If I charge and issue a challenge all the bonuses from charging are still in affect during the challenge right? The pegasus are there to in my opionion take care of one of the three fatal weaknesses of bretonnian calvary and that is heavy shooting. They have all the right gear to stop shooting and with flying will get the charge of one turn 2. The bowmen are nice to try and take care of weakness number 2 which is skirmishers. The knights really lack the manueverability to handle them and it seams that if you don't get the charge off and break the units on the first round of combat you will lose. Since skirmishers are usually low armour I thought that would work well. The last weakness I don't see anything to help that much. That is unbreakable units. For the same reason that you need to break them on round one.

Thoughts?

P.S. Could one of the mods bump this to the army list section. Sorry, newbie mistake.

Last edited by The Green Knight; June 3rd, 2005 at 07:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

First of all Etherial one, welcome to Librarium Online

I don't play brets, but it looks solid enough to me. You've got a good lumps of cavalry, alright magic, and a quick flying unit to take down war machines.

Just a quick note, remove the BSB from the pegasus and keep him in your line to help you more!

Are you going to pray to the lady, cause that will help against high strength shooting as I understand it. Just try and break you enemies with multi charges, as brets tend to suck in wars of attrition.

Good luck

P.S. Put a small message at the bottom to ask the mods to move this to the army list section. I'm sure they will let this go, as you are a newbee

Have fun
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my two cents: (welcome to the knightly order by the way)

-Your Lord looks good but if you want to go against big things you may want to look at puting him on a Hipogriph.

-If the [BSB] on your Pegs means that you're putting the Paladin Battle Standard Barer in them, I'm 95% sure you can't. Independant characters can never join flying skrimisher units.

-Personaly, I would add 2 more Grail Knights (or drop one), 1 more Knights of the Relm, 1 more Knights Errant, and 2 more Questing knights (or drop one) in there respective units so you can exploit Lance Formation.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Caracters cannot join units of flyers, so putting the BSB with the peg knights is out of question. 1 single damsel with 2 screolls is plenty, as you will see combat very early in the game, and spells won't get casted off too often after that.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was my understanding that that rule does not affect pegasus because they are not monsters and also because they are flying calvary and follow the rules for calvary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any creature with more than 1 wound is classified as a 'monster' (without any regard to their actual appearance So a royal pegasus is a 'monster'
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do the Peasant bowmen have Skirmish, if they dont i advise giving it to them. This makes the bowmen more resistant to missile fire & they can get a lot more use out of them lovely Longbows that way. Peasant bowmen are very usefull also so dont underestimate them.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

+ Reply to Thread