Magic Heavy Brett's . . . can it work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic Heavy Brett's . . . can it work?

so, im having a chat to a DE playing friend of mine, and he thinks to himself . .
    "what if you could make your enemy WANT to be charged by your knights??."

interesting idea i thought, and heres a list that might be able to pull it off, what do you guys think???

Prophetess *
    level 4 upgrade
    on warhorse
    Dispel Scroll

Damsel **
    level 2 upgrade
    on warhorse
    Sacrament to the lady (doubles her power dice contrib'n to 4 but she cant cast. runs out on dice roll of 1)

Damsel ***
    level 2 upgrade
    on warhorse
    Dispel Scroll
    Chalice of Malfeur

Paladin BSB ***
    Virtue of Duty
    Warbanner

8 Knights of the Realm
    Full Command
    * Prohetess goes here

8 Knights of the Realm
    Full Command
    **Damsel goes here

7 Knights of the Realm
    Champion and Musician
    *** Damsel and BSB go here

9 Knights Errant
    Full Command
    Errantry Banner

14 Skirmishing Archers
    musician

3 Pegasus Knights
    musician

2 Trebuchets

It comes to 2000pts.

Level 4 will take Heavens and the level 2's probably life, though the one with the sacrament might take beasts (oxen stands, you never know . . . .).
    assuming i use the sacrament, I'd have 12 power dice with 4 heavens and 2 life spells.
    i have 6-7 dispel dice and 2 scrolls and so can hopefully survive some nasty magic while goin squish with the trebuchets.
    Knights errant the only real 'hitting' unit, str 6 and immune to psychology on the charge, these guys are surprisingly hard (for a turn :huh: )

so . . .thoughts??

hey cool i worked out how to edit . just to add that this will be played against super-maneuvarable DE, dryad/treeman heavy WE, O&G horde and power player chaos (chosen knights, chariots, dragon ogres, u know the type).

Last edited by Chubbals; September 4th, 2005 at 13:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

interesting indeed. playtest it. it may work for you. i would love to hear how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a nice idea but i think you should put more men at arms and maybe the grail relique since your idea is to blast your enemys whit magic and shooting.Because lets face it,altough your knights still pack some punch on the charge,they are only kotr whitout character,so im thinking after a few round of shooting and magic from your enemy you wont have much left.

Anyway i still think its a viable option,and you could take your oppenent off guard big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not really that interested in too many MaA, (cant take reliquae, no grail vow) cause ther not going to be winning combats, knights can sit back just as well as MaA, and although taking wounds will be expensive the idea i had would be that my opponenet would be the one looking for combat and moving towards me. Against a shooty/magic HE list dont think id be relying on trebuchets, id be legging it across the table as quickly as i could, something i couldnt do with MaA.
    Pk's should be handy as well dealing with shooty/magic armies :cool:
    I was kinda hoping this would be an army that could force maneuvarable WE and DE to not have time to set up flank charges in 3/4 turn as theyd be squished or zapped.
    I can just see my mates O & G horde moving TOWARDS my knights at full pelt :p.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Magic Heavy Brets is completely doable! However I think it goes without saying you would be playing an entirely unorthedox style with them. To jump right into the maddness I would reccomend you start with a Prophetess using the sacrament of the lady. Now what thats going to do for you is pump out an obscene 8 PD for you to play with. Next I would almost definitely bring a Truthsayer or a Dark Emissary. Either one makse sense mechanically but you may want to go with the Truthsayer unless your using Mousiln (mispelled) fluff. The Truthsayer's entire field heal is insane for knight units (espically pegasus knights) You can give a ward save to non knight units or units that lost the save. +1 Hit is AMAZING for bulky knight charges or skirmished archers. Everything that was good about the Truthsayer is good about the Dark Emissary but in reverse. -1 to hit is great on knights OR peasentry. Table wide str 3 hits either mean nothing to your peasents or almost never will wound your knights. Great for ogres suprisingly or particuarly Dark elves or anything armorless. Oh yeah and I guess a "toughness test or die" spell is alright but thats just me.
    Last edited by Domstrae; September 6th, 2005 at 22:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

yep. i agree. use the sacrament on the prophetess, 8 pd. have a damsel with a dispell scroll, and chalice of malefleur. thats 7 dispell dice. you'd need another damsel to utilise 14 power dice. for these reasons.
    a damsel can cast a spell with 3 dice max, and that means a lvl 2 damsel will use 6 dice right. thats 12.
    take another lvl 2 damsell with 2 power stones, and let the good times roll (roll indeed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

whow whow whow If your going to sacrament a prophetess you probably dont want just a damsel. I would definitely have a Truthsayer or a Dark Emissary. You get either 4 or 5 spells depending on which you pick and thats just better buisness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

good point.. take a truth sayer ( a bret wouldnt ally with a evil person now would he??)

----
    bonjordo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't agree with the sacrament on the prophetess! simple reason, each level 2 can cast their spell only once, with max 3 dice right? therefore, if you sacrament the prophetess, then you actually have 2 PD that you can never use since you can use a max of 12 (unless you're using the power stones, but that's expensive) but the biggest kicker is that you can only cast the spells you have... which means you only have a spell library of 4 spells, and while you can get all of those off, it would be difficult to use all of your spells each turn in a useful way...

sacramenting one of the level 2 damsels gives you 6 spells that you can choose from
    -> makes your magic phase more unpredictable for your opponent
    -> gives you more options for useful spells
    -> still have great PD (12 instead of 14)
    -> frees up your most powerful spell caster to 'cast' spells

Also, if you really want to make sure you get a specific spell (like howler's wind), making both the prophetess and the damsel the same lore will let you almost guarantee that!

btw what's a truth sayer or dark emissary? where are their rules published?
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

yes, but adding a truth sayer, adds another 3 dice, plus 3 truth sayer spells which ROCK...

----
    bonjordo

+ Reply to Thread