1000pt Bretonnian Tournament Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Bretonnian Tournament Army

Good Day all, I am a frequent player of Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms. Now I want to try my tourny luck with some knights. I made this army to be ready to battle any type of army, especially chaos. This is an all out melee army so any suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks everyone.

ARMY LIST
    General: Paladin on barded warhorse, Knights Vow, Sword of Might and Enchanted Shield
    PTS:

BSB: Paladin With Knights Vow
    PTS:

Damsel: Level one on Warhorse with Potion Sacre
    PTS: 94

20 Men at Arms, Full Command with Pole Arms
    PTS: 127

7 Knights of the Realm, full command with War Banner (General Goes with this Regiment).
    PTS: 217

8 Knights of the Realm, Full Command
    PTS: 216

3 Pegasus Knights
    PTS:

Total PTS: 997

Edit: A few points totals removed, thanks - Stonehambey

Last edited by Sammy the Squib; July 25th, 2006 at 12:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone could please help any criticism is good. The tourny is saturday. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where do the damsel and bsb go???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad list, however the PK are quite expensive for such small points. I would opt for a second unit of M@A and a unit of PB, or two units of PB> granted this is only because as of late I have been dealing with Goblin Fanatics! ;-)

Other that the lack of any missile weapons (which is very Bretonnian so not really a bad thing fluff wise!) looks pretty good. The PK are expensive, but they are killer war machine hunters/flankers.

I would assume the paladin BSB would go with the 8 KOR and the general would ride with the damsel and 7 KOR to give him and his unit MR 1.

Cheers!
    ~Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments, to reply to all, I was thinking of riding the Damsel and BSB behind the units, to keep them out of the way but still in use. Damsel is mostly for dispel reasons until i can get my units in hth combat. Would it be better to run them with a unit of KOTR?, or is behind the units fine to keep my points seperated in case my units flee and captured? Also the PK's are flankers and hunters for warmachines and single chars.

Thanks for the Help everyone.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

You should put your damsel in the unit with 7 knights, for MR. Your BSB & general should go in a unit on the charge. Assuming you haven't taken casualties, you'll have +2 for ranks then.

Then you can drop the std. from the unit the BSB goes in.

I think fast cav would help this army. If you dropped the PK, you might consider them and PB to deal with night goblin fanatics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the Response, and after much consideration I've decided to tweek my list as so:

General: Paladin on barded warhorse, Knights Vow, Sword of Might and Enchanted Shield
    PTS:

BSB: Paladin With Knights Vow
    PTS:

Damsel: Level one on Warhorse with Potion Sacre
    PTS: 94

20 Men at Arms, Full Command with Pole Arms
    PTS: 127

7 Knights of the Realm, Musician and Champion (BSB in this Reg)
    PTS: 176

7 Knights of the Realm, Full Command (General In this Reg)
    PTS: 176

12 Peasant Bowman, Light Armor, Skirmish and Braziers (Move In Once CC occurs)
    PTS: 101

6 Mounted Yeomen, Shield and Full Command
    PTS: 131

Total Points: 999

What do you guys think? Bowman to provide fire as ranks move up. Damsel to stay behind (she is for dispel use only), and yeomen to hunt warmachines, single chars, and flanking. Once hth has commenced, bowmen move up and engage quickly by being skirmish and to add numbers where needed.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

The list looks pretty solid. Here are some minor tweeks I'd make.

No upgrades to fast cav except musician. They are for running around, provoking charges, marchblocking, and generally being EXPENDABLE. Upgrading them defeats the purpose. Drop them to 5 also, the extra one won't help anything. Lose the armor on the bowmen, it isn't going to help anyway, cause they should never be in CC. Use the extra points to get another knight.

I still say you want all your characters in your units, not left behind. That way they get you 2 full ranks. If you are going to leave that damsel behind, get rid of her horse, as it is useless. But if she's in the unit of knights, they get her MR, and she sits out of the way of combat. Read the lance rules in the Bret book again, it seems like a huge advantage you are overlooking here.

If you end up with points left over, I'd give your general a lance, so he gets the extra strength on the charge.

Then I think the list will be very solid and versatile! Happy Hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list is looking very close to my latest 1000 pt list, so I would have to say it is looking good!

I agree you should drop the armour on the PB- not worth the points, PB should avoid cc if at all possible! The MY should be dropped to 5 and only include a musician for the rally- they should flee from charges and be used as march blockers/flankers/war machine hunters. War machine crew tend to be very weak in CC- I had a single MY reach a rock lobba last game, he won against the goblins (one wound to 0, unit str was = after his wound caused) and they fled off the board!

My 1000 pt list is very much the same, only I have one unit of KE instead of two KOR, only 5 MY with no command (should have musician, but no points). My general has different gear, and I have 18 PB skirmishers. I have opened up a couple points in my next list for two units of 10 PB (one skirmish, one w/ def. spikes).

Solid looking list, and the M@A, PB and MY are much more point effective than 3 PK. PK are awesome, but not in such a small list.

Cheers!
    ~Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well everyone, I just made it back from the tourny and I have good news and bad. The good news was the dice were in my favor, the bad was, my army was not that effective. I followed all of the suggestions and for the first two games I got owned. First, against Choas of course, I won the charge, and flanked with the yeoman, bad thing was the MY were blown away by Chaos warriors and My unit with BSB lost combat resolution. Luckly I made it far enough away to rally, but my cause was lost. By that time my battle line was in shambles. Also my archers were almost useless, they can in handy only against the Lizardmen army, but still with blowpipes, my Yeomen were cut down before I could even make use of them, I loathe Skirmishing troops. Halfway through the tourny, we are able to make changes with our armies, (pretty cool house rule I think) so I tried my first army list. Worked a little better. Honestly, the PK's were not that useful, but did come in hand with flanking helping with a 2+ save. I think i would rather have another unit of M@A or knights instead of the PK's all in all. Well, I really would like to thank you all for the criticism and here are the results of my tourny.

Game one against Khorn Chaos
    Loss by 200 pts. (Ouch!)

Game two against Lizardmen
    Loss by 50 pts. Tie

Game Three against Ogre Kingdoms
    Win by 275 pts (Solid Victory)

Last game against Empire
    Win by 100 pts (Minor Victory) p.s. Hellblasters are the devil!

+ Reply to Thread