2000 point friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

2000 point friendly

EDIT: Some point costs removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04
    Hey, looking to start Brettonnians and for once Ive actually made a list before I go buying things lol This is my first attempt.

HEROES:
    Paladin 1: 146 (joins Grail Knights)
    Grail Vow
    Virtue of the Joust
    Lance, Shield, Curiass of Fortune
    Barded Warhorse

Paladin 2: 126 (joins Knights of the Realm)
    Knights Vow
    Virtue of Dicipline
    Barded Warhorse
    Heartwood Lance, shield,

Paladin 3: 166 (joins Knights Errant)
    Knights Vow
    Virtue of Confidence
    Barded war horse
    Lance, shield, Gromril Great Helm

Damsel of the Lady - 124 (Joins Grail Knights)
    The Silver Mirror
    Barded Warhorse

CORE:
    11 Knights of the Realm - 313 (Paladin 2 here)
    Full command
    War banner

8 Knights Errant - 201 (Paladin 3 here)
    Full command
    Errantry banner

20 Men at Arms- 127
    Full command

10 Peasant Bowmen -
    Skirmishers

SPECIAL:
    3 Pegasus Knights - 205
    Full command

5 Mounted Yoeman - 97
    Bows, Light armour & Shields
    Musician
    (I gave them light armour to take away fast cav rules so they can negate ranks on the flank, also use them as a screen to put in front of the more expensive units while the army is praying...or should I leave them as fast cav?)

RARE:
    7 Grail Knights - 326 (Paladin 1 & Damsel here)
    Full command
    Banner of defence (anti- S7 dwarf bolt thrower lol :rolleyes: )

1 Trebuchet -
    Yoeman craftsman

TOTAL = 2001

The basic idea is 3 strong blocks of Knights with the yoeman & pegasus knight for fast support & war machine/archer hunting. The 20 men at arms are to hold units still for a flank charge, and also just for some expendable numbers..
    I figured I would make the archers skirmishers since an attacking army would leave them behind doing nothing.

i would probably deploy the men at arms in the centre. The knights Errant and the KOtR to either side of them (fairly close). The Grail knights off to one side, with the Yoeman screening them & the pegasus knights on the other flank. Archers wherever there is room, & the trebuchet behind my lines.

Im not really after 'fine tuning'. I mostly want to know if the list is legal, since Im still new to their rules. But if there are any totally stupid things about the list which simply wont work, then by all means let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by DavidWC09; October 14th, 2006 at 06:31.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I love the rare slots, treb always fun and grail knights are grail knights:tongue:

In fact looking over this looks like a really strong list, not sure where you could lose the one point though, any ideas?

I'm not an amazing bretonnian player and have only played with them a few times myself. But i've played against them enough times to know that this list could be pretty nasty if played correctly - thank god for the lore of metal!

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Thanks. The extra 1 point shouldnt matter in the friendlies. If I took it to a tournament I guess I could take the light armour off of the yoemen.

The thing I like most is how all the paladin's have either re-rolls to hit, re-rolls to wound, or BOTH :yes:.. I get sick of charging with Cold One knights who are hitting on 3's with S5, then only getting 2/5 hits or something. re-rolls will be so great!
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

I just baught most of this stuff because I could get 20% off.. So I hope the list really is ok!..

EDIT: Wow.. no-one picked up that I didnt have a BSB.. helpful!
    Last edited by Manu_Forti; November 2nd, 2006 at 02:48.
    W L D
    21 5 5

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Manu_Forti View Post
    EDIT: Wow.. no-one picked up that I didnt have a BSB.. helpful!
    uhm, you don't have a BSB. There you go! One of your paladins can drop a shield and pick up the BS, but you might want to rework that one for defense more.

I'd drop a character for a small unit of knights for flanking. These will provide more damage through negating ranked CR than the character will in kills. Then you can leave the yeomen as fast-cav, and get the benefits of that rule set in your army.

Also, does full command on the peg. knights imply a banner? why? They should be contributing kills, and smashing war machines and mages. They should only join real fights to tip the balance, and a real fight should have a banner from another unit on your side.

I personally prefer grail knights in small numbers as flankers, perhaps with the banner that lets you move through terrain. They can deploy behind terrain, avoid line of sight for fire, and then gallop out to flank people as they get the chance. Nothing wrong with employing them in larger numbers, but as it stands you have a 600pt unit with 9 knights. VERY targetable with spells and such... The extra points can reinforce the knights errant.

The peasent bowmen might as well have a musician if you can scrape up the points.
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread