2000 point brettonian army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point brettonian army

heroes:-

damsel (sarah duntroon) lv2= 105

damsel (jessica freeman) lv2 with horse= 115

paladin (derek brockheim) bsb carrying grail knight with the banner of chalons and the virtue of duty= 135

core:-

20 men at arms with full command (heartilly's own)= 127

16 peasent bowmen (heartilly's long arm )= 96

9 kotr with standerd (the heartilly city guard)= 232

9 kotr with standard (the valley of rememberence patrolmen)= 232

9 knights errant with standard and errantry banner (just there to prove themselves in battle :lol: )= 214

special:-

5 pegasus knights with standard (heartillys royal guard)= 295

rare:-

trebuchet with yeoman craftsman(heartillys last defiance)= 100

8 grailknights with standard and conquerers tapestry(heartillys armoured fist)= 349

okay so firstly (as some may have already gathered) my knights hail from the city of heartilly (will change name as soon as i think of a better one cuz faerun was taken lol) and the city has come under attack from the ever persistent ork populace that lives in the souronding mountains (dispite several rather succesful crusades to rid sed mountains of them) the lord has taken ill (at least until 2500+ ) and his most trusted err consort has stepped in to take his place (jessica)

as far as tactics go the bsb will travel with the grail knights (risky i know but i'll be damned if they don't break 95% of the units they charge) sarah will hang back with the archers and trebuchet lending whatever support to whomever she can with the lore of life while jessica will take up with either 1 of the kotr units or the grail (whatever plays better) and lend her support to the frontline in the form of the lore of beasts. the archers will primarily fire at whatever the errant will charge you know just generally softening up units (ideally causing them to lose a rank bonus or two) with the trebuchet just smacking the crap out of anything it hits (i do mean everthing if i misjudge i'll find my knights on the very painfule end of a giant rock) the men at arms will hang back and charge threats to my shooters (selling their lives for the greater good .... or at least till i can swing some knights around)

i think that covers everything ... oh it goes without saying but the pegasi will hug terain till they can put the hurt on warmachines, mages or small skirmishers after those threats are gone they should perform nice in rear or flank charge rolls and under the new rules are ideal to squish fleeing troops with

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

before anyone asks the reason this is in the wrong section is cuz it won't let me post it in the army list section that section keeps asking for tags/keywords which it dosn't give you an option for including!

can somone please inform a mod and get them to move this and fix the army list froum while there at it cuz it's really *explitive deleted* me off.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

can somone please inform a mod and get them to move this and fix the army list froum while there at it cuz it's really *explitive deleted* me off.
    Consider it done

As for the list, i really like it(Y)

I really like the core choices, plenty of knights and plenty of men as well. The Grail knights are nice as is the treb which adds a bit of variety to the list.

I'm just learning about brets atm. It's a very slow process as i don't game at uni, so I can't really comment on the magic items. But as far as the numbers go, i think you've got it good

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reallyt like this list, and it has lots of variety. It should be lots of fun, but also have a good chance of winning. I like the amount of core choices, and the fact that the list is not really top heavy. You might want to think about getting some dispell scrolls on sarah or jessica, because this list does not have that much magic defence.

-SgtSnipe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thanx i considered it but bar losing the command on the m@a or a couple of knights i really couldn't fit em in besides with the new miscast and power dice rules magic isn't as widely employed as it used to be and 4 dd is enough to whether the odd nasty one cuz in the end most low level spells arn't exactly a threat to the knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plague, Im suprised nobody mentioned this to you, but you need a general and a battle standard bearer. Which means two paladins are needed to be in every army (1 could be a lord). As far as I know a damsel can't be the general. Doesn't this make playing 500 points fun?

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

If you drop the standard bearer and another model from your pegasus knights, you could probably afford a small unit of yeomen (fast cav). These can save your bacon against night goblin fanatics, and having fast cav support is never a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beast brawl while it is true i need a bsb and a general i cannot find any entry in the current edition saying that a damsel can't be general

kooshy yeeah maybe but i think yeomen are way overpriced liike most fast cav and in the end i think the pegy and standard would serve me better

+ Reply to Thread