Bretonnia [1500] Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Bretonnia [1500] Tournament

EDIT: Some point costs removed so that GW doesn't snatch LO's family jewels away. ~DavidVC04

Well here's the army list I'm putting together for the Baltimore Gamesday Tournament. It will probably be tweaked a bit before its finished, but I think this army is pretty solid all around. All constructive criticism/comments are welcome.

Heroes:

Paladin (General)
    Virtue of Purity, Armor of Agilulf, Lance, Barded Warhorse
    123 points

Paladin (Battle Standard Bearer)
    Virtue of Knightly Temper, Banner of Chalons, Barded Warhorse
    124 points

Damsel of the Lady
    Level 2 Wizard, 2x Dispel Scroll, Warhorse
    165 points

Core Units:

8x Knights Errant (joined by General)
    Full Command, Erranty Banner
    201 points

8x Knights of the Realm (joined by BS
    Full Command
    216 points

8x Knights of the Realm (joined by Damsel)
    Full Command
    216 points

20x Men-at-Arms

12x Peasant Bowmen
    Skirmishers

Special Units:

3x Pegasus Knights

Rare Units:

Fiedl Trebuchet
    Yeoman Craftsman

Total: 1,494 points

Last edited by Spector; February 28th, 2007 at 21:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quick question, Why are you upgrading the damsel to level 2? it adds 1 power dice to a non offensive magic army, and the spells of life and bessts are pretty useless anyway, you can only use 3 from each lore if shes in a unit as she has no LoS, and those 3 are not very brilliant anyway... Just a thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Quick question, Why are you upgrading the damsel to level 2? it adds 1 power dice to a non offensive magic army, and the spells of life and bessts are pretty useless anyway, you can only use 3 from each lore if shes in a unit as she has no LoS, and those 3 are not very brilliant anyway... Just a thought
    I think its worth it. First off it lets me get 2 spells instead of one. So with Lore of Life it gives me a better chance to match spells to the terrian that is present. Secondly, it gives me 4 power dice which I can use all of, unlike the level 1 wizard which can only use 2 of 3 power dice generated each turn. Thirdly if I really need a spell to go off I can roll 3 dice to try to make sure it goes through.

Also, I don't really deem either lore as useless. They aren't offensive lores, but they have alot of good support spells. Bretonnians don't need an offensive lore such as fire, their knights give them all the offense they need. But I think every spell in Lore of Life and a few from Beasts have their place.

Example would be placing a Paladin with Virtue of Empathy, Agilulf's Armor and Gauntlet of the Duel into a unit of Men-at-Arms along w/ a level 1 Damsel with Lore of Beasts and a Prayer Icon of Quenelles. Have the Damsel cast the Bear's Anger of the Paladin, giving him 6 S6 attacks @ WS10. He'll have T5 and a 4+ armor save and no one can refuse his challenges. Also witht eh Prayer Icon, the whole unit will get the ward save from the Blessing of the Lady, something the Men-at-Arms wouldn't get normally.

+ Reply to Thread