1500pt Tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500pt Tournament list

OK, I have several lists that have served me quite well over the years, however i have been accused of using a "point and click" list on numerous occasions, and i would be a rich man if i recieved a penny for every time my list has been dubbed cheap by a sour opponent. I dont believe this because i know my armies to have many flaws and by a good player easilly beatable and for the most part my opponents are very curtious to me reguardless of whether they lose or win but i guess the names have grinded on my nerves and pride and despite not considering my lists cheap or overpowered (really i think no lists are cheap or overpowered), they are not RAF and while all cav, i do not use grail knights, i do use questing knights and most of my units are 6 strong not 9.

I guess im trying to make a list that has a lot of tactical significance and will not oft be called point and click, but at the same time is competative and tourny capable...

The Order of the Green Dragon: 1500pts

Sir Gilles of Bastonne (general) 116pts
    Paladin, Grail Vow, Virtue of Discipline, lance, shield, Warhorse

Sir Piers the Loyal(BSB ) 119pts.
    Paladin, Morningstar of Fracasse, Cuirass of Fortune, Warhorse

Damsel 120pts.
    2 dispel scrolls

6 Knights of the Realm 160pts.

12 Peasant Bowmen 84pts.

3 Pegasus Knights 165pts.

5 Mounted Yeomen 80pts.

Grail Religuae 172pts.
    6 extra Pilgrims

Total: 1496pts.

I have added PB and MY for some tactical versitility, the GR adds a bit of durability and reliability against big infantry block armies. On the flip side i have no super powerfull
    units, i dont have any magic banners, and none of my heros are stacked. I think its competitive yet i hope it will not be called a point and clicker or cheap quite as often as my former army lists were. I realize if i win (especially if i win big) i am liable to be labled by some hot heads as cheap or something, its just that my pride is starting to take a hit after the build up of coments over the years, and as a bretonnian my pride and honor are my most charished posesions so im really hoping this army will give me the peace of mind my former army did not.

I welcome and hope for comments good or bad on my list and thank all who may help me in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Outer Rim
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I like the list but would recommend musicians for your knights. The would be nothing more embarrassing than losing combat because you didn't have a musician.

The mounted yeomen and archers will hold you in good stead.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread